: Woodward Dream Cruise Aug 20th 2011 Who's In?

Torxila
07-08-11, 12:59 PM
The V1 guys get together (for the last 3 yrs) to hang out, tell tall tails etc. One of the members (JD03Cobra) has access to his office building parking lot and invites us V2 guys to join in. Theres more info on the V1 forums. Search "Woodward"

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/2004-2007-cadillac-cts-v-general/205133-woodward-dream-cruise-august-21-2010-a.html

http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com/

Post up if your interested.

George

newcadman
07-08-11, 01:17 PM
Hey George, sounds good.

Hope to be able to make it.

SuperBeast
07-08-11, 02:50 PM
I'll be there

Nutz
07-08-11, 06:38 PM
We gather up on the corner of Big Beaver and Woodward Ave (SE corner). I may even head up Thursday and hit the links with John this year. As always I will have plenty'o Captain Morgan on hand to share. When quiet time happens in the evening we head up Big Beaver to the Drury Inn in Troy for a parking lot all-nighter. Good gathering for the V car guy crowd.

MotownPimp
07-08-11, 08:09 PM
Damn, I would like to join you guys. I spent many a Tuesday & Friday night crusin Woodward between Totem Pole and Ted's from 56 to 60.

Think if I sent y'all a lifesize cardboard cutout, you could prop me up in the "shot gun" seat?

:dance: :burn: :cheers:

Torxila
07-09-11, 05:44 PM
Pimp,

You send it, I'll take a picture in shotgun seat. Why not just drive up? On another local board "Motown Muscle" Joel, aka "The California Kid" ex Michigander drives up every year in his Z06.

George

MotownPimp
07-09-11, 06:53 PM
LOL!

Appreciate the offer, George. Probably don't have time to pull it off this year but might take you up on it next year.

As for coming back, it is about a 2500 mile trip from NorCali; not likely. But I've got it in the back of mind to up the game next year to a stick V Coupe in Opulent Blue Metallic. If I do, maybe I time the order such that I pick it up & participate in the Woodward cruise. That would be a hell of a kick. Then ask GM to ship out or I would just pay for shipping.

If I do we have to have one get together at Duggan's in Royal Oak. I've been dying for a Big Chief burger for the last 50 years! :2thumbs:

550HP STSV
07-09-11, 09:47 PM
Me, Nutz, Jason (JD03Cobra), 03Blwn281, and a few others will be there.

Torxila
07-10-11, 02:00 PM
LOL!

Appreciate the offer, George. Probably don't have time to pull it off this year but might take you up on it next year.

As for coming back, it is about a 2500 mile trip from NorCali; not likely. But I've got it in the back of mind to up the game next year to a stick V Coupe in Opulent Blue Metallic. If I do, maybe I time the order such that I pick it up & participate in the Woodward cruise. That would be a hell of a kick. Then ask GM to ship out or I would just pay for shipping.

If I do we have to have one get together at Duggan's in Royal Oak. I've been dying for a Big Chief burger for the last 50 years! :2thumbs:

Pimp,
We're going to Duggans this Wednesday night with my 'vette buddies. I'll send you a picture of a CHIEF or 5lb burrito.
If you want to fly up, I can get you at DTW
George

MotownPimp
07-10-11, 02:45 PM
George, can't take you up on your offer this year but might do it next year if the offer is still open. I learned about the Woodward event a couple years back & have thought about coming back for it. Even bought a Woodward cruise t-shirt which I wear on road trips out here. But, with no local contacts I did not think it would be much fun. Much appreciated.

Let's see if "Opulent Blue Metallic" lights my fuse for a V. It would be really cool to pick it up & bring to the Woodward event...particularly if I have guys to hang out with. I grew up in Highland Park & my girl of 40 years is from Detroit as well (She went to Henry Ford HS).

I would get a kick out of pix of you & your group with or without the Big Chief. Either post here or I'll PM you my main email addy.

Bigron
07-11-11, 12:56 AM
I am the big guy in the first pic. Hopefully Ron version2.0 will be there in the V2.
I am still confirming if I will be there, and working on the owner of my old V1 to show up as well.

Torxila
07-11-11, 12:23 PM
BigRon

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

George

Bigron
07-11-11, 01:22 PM
BigRon

Looking forward to meeting all you guys.

George

Should be a good time. I had a fun drive back from the West side yesterday playing with a STS-V with exhaust and other goodies. It had a NY plate, so I doubt it is from around here.
I wonder if Jason would want to throw the olive branch over to the STS/XLR V guys.

550HP STSV
07-11-11, 03:15 PM
I've met jason before. he was the inspiration for my fog lights! Ill post in the STS-V section.

rand49er
07-13-11, 09:16 AM
Bigron and I have been PM'ing back and forth about starting a thread in the V1 section. Haven't talked to Jason (JD03Cobra) about this year, yet, but hopefully he's cool with the idea of it being at his place again. It's a GREAT place ... just north of the dense crowds, but still lots of action (i.e. cars).

MotownPimp, your cardboard cutout can ride shotgun with me.

Specter Werkes Sports
07-13-11, 11:00 AM
double post...

Specter Werkes Sports
07-13-11, 11:01 AM
We will be putting together an open house for the Woodward Dream cruise this year on August 18th at 3 until 5pm. Besides a chance to tour the facility we will also do an infusion demo to showcase the process used to manufacture our CTS-V hoods.

We will also have some prizes and giveaways.

commander112
07-13-11, 11:49 AM
I plan on stopping by. Will we be in the same parking lot? Last year I stopped by late and I understand everyone moved up and were streetside. I missed out.

Bigron
07-13-11, 12:55 PM
Bigron and I have been PM'ing back and forth about starting a thread in the V1 section. Haven't talked to Jason (JD03Cobra) about this year, yet, but hopefully he's cool with the idea of it being at his place again. It's a GREAT place ...

I got a note back from Jason and he is said his parking lot is a go. Do you want to start the thread over in the V1 area or me?

August 18th at 3 until 5pm.

So Thursday before the dream cruise?

I plan on stopping by. Will we be in the same parking lot? Last year I stopped by late and I understand everyone moved up and were streetside. I missed out.

Yep same lot.

JD03Cobra
07-13-11, 12:57 PM
Glad to see we have some interest with the V2 crowd!! Over the past few years we've had a great time with the V1 group and it's been growing every year. Last year I worked with Randy (Rand49er) and a few other members to organize food and drinks. Really made for a nice time. Sounds like were going to have a nice turnout again!

Jason

Me, Nutz, Jason (JD03Cobra), 03Blwn281, and a few others will be there.

Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Bigron and I have been PM'ing back and forth about starting a thread in the V1 section. Haven't talked to Jason (JD03Cobra) about this year, yet, but hopefully he's cool with the idea of it being at his place again. It's a GREAT place ... just north of the dense crowds, but still lots of action (i.e. cars).

Randy - I'm cool with it!

Bigron
07-13-11, 01:37 PM
I'm cool with it!

Jason, Thanks for chiming in. I wanted to make sure we had your "ok".
I had pictured us all showing up and finding out your company moved or something like that.

JD03Cobra
07-13-11, 01:55 PM
Jason, Thanks for chiming in. I wanted to make sure we had your "ok".
I had pictured us all showing up and finding out your company moved or something like that.

Same location as before...we've never moved. There was some confusion last year. We had everyone park in the back for a while and then moved the cars closer to Woodward. A few members pulled through and didn't see anyone in the back lot.

liqidvenom
07-14-11, 11:55 PM
im in.... my coworkers talk often about this and now i live here so i could check this out.

cjwolverine
07-15-11, 10:02 AM
I keep missing the dream cruise due to vacations, kids sports etc. We are ending our late summer vacation the day before. If I get back in time, I'd love to make it this year. Hope to meet some of you there.

Chris

Specter Werkes Sports
07-21-11, 04:15 PM
Here is a proper invite.
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s88/specterwerkes/SWSopenhousecaddy.jpg

Torxila
08-03-11, 12:19 PM
We're getting closer. Anybody going to hang out this Thursday/Fridat night 4th/5th?

If weather is OK I'm going to check out the V spot. I will also swing by the Tuffy muffler shop lot on the west side of Woodward just north of 14 mile if anyone is out.

George

Nutz
08-04-11, 09:37 AM
Be there Friday.:yup:

Torxila
08-04-11, 12:31 PM
Jim, Re this Friday night
I'll be looking for a Red '09 sedan, correct?

ggray@stakindustries.com if you want to shoot me a cell #

George

Nutz
08-04-11, 01:41 PM
Correct. Hot Rod Power Tour sticker on top of windshield.

Torxila
08-04-11, 05:13 PM
I'll keep a look out for you on Friday night.

George

JD03Cobra
08-04-11, 05:31 PM
I'll keep a look out for you on Friday night.

George

George - Anything going on Tomorrow night?

Jason

JD03Cobra
08-04-11, 05:33 PM
Correct. Hot Rod Power Tour sticker on top of windshield.

Your referring to Friday before the Dream Cruise I'm assuming???

Torxila
08-04-11, 11:02 PM
No I meant tomorrow the 5th! I was out last Friday night. I met a buddy at the Tuffy Muffler lot (west side of woody just above 14) We sat out 'til 1:00am. Cops all went in around 11pm and the racing started about 10 minutes later, it was crazy.

I'll be at the Tuffy and am going to scope out your spot as well, may sit there a bit also.

George

Nutz
08-04-11, 11:06 PM
Your referring to Friday before the Dream Cruise I'm assuming???19th at your office. Right?

JD03Cobra
08-05-11, 09:34 AM
No I meant tomorrow the 5th! I was out last Friday night. I met a buddy at the Tuffy Muffler lot (west side of woody just above 14) We sat out 'til 1:00am. Cops all went in around 11pm and the racing started about 10 minutes later, it was crazy.

I'll be at the Tuffy and am going to scope out your spot as well, may sit there a bit also.

George

I have to be at Metro Airport tonight at midnight to pick someone up...I'll call you if I run out to Woodward before.

19th at your office. Right?

Jim absolutely! You know the program...Anytime after 3:00p since we do the company party before hand. You need to get my phone number...PM's are working as of yet.

You bringing Chuck from last year?

Nutz
08-05-11, 09:45 AM
You bringing Chuck from last year?Yes. He has a new Z06 in red this year, traded in the Shelby. He's going up on Thursday by the Shell station, then with us for the weekend as usual.

Torxila
08-06-11, 07:00 PM
Jason,

It was nice to meet you and Steve last night. Looking forward to the Part-tay on Saturday. Wifey will make 2-3 tons of cookies/brownies etc as well I'll bring some spicy sausages/buns for the grill and killer potato salad. I'll pick up some paper plates/forks etc at Cosco.

I'll try to swing by Friday after your office party before we have to go to the Berkley Legion thing.

See ya
George

JD03Cobra
08-08-11, 10:40 AM
Jason,

It was nice to meet you and Steve last night. Looking forward to the Part-tay on Saturday. Wifey will make 2-3 tons of cookies/brownies etc as well I'll bring some spicy sausages/buns for the grill and killer potato salad. I'll pick up some paper plates/forks etc at Cosco.

I'll try to swing by Friday after your office party before we have to go to the Berkley Legion thing.

See ya
George

Sounds like a plan!! It was very nice meeting you as well...Beautiful V you have there. Looking forward to the Dream Cruise!

Jason

Bigron
08-08-11, 05:28 PM
It is August and I am back in MI; time to put the "GM Powered" sticker on the windshield.
Hoping to make it out Friday night and Saturday, but plans are still not finalized. Wave me down if you are out and about.

Bigron
08-09-11, 10:44 AM
http://i1210.photobucket.com/albums/cc404/ronoversiii/b28ce8a4.jpg

Already getting thumbs up on the way to work. Don't mind the dirty car or the crappy photo.

Torxila
08-09-11, 08:18 PM
It is August and I am back in MI; time to put the "GM Powered" sticker on the windshield.
Hoping to make it out Friday night and Saturday, but plans are still not finalized. Wave me down if you are out and about.

What Friday night/Saturday are you talking about? 12th/13th or just the cruise 19th/20th? or both?

George

Bigron
08-10-11, 12:10 AM
Definitely the 19/20. Not sure on the plans for the weekend, but I might sneak over there for a cruise.

GTPprix
08-10-11, 06:06 PM
I might come out Friday night if the car is done and tease George with my mods ;)

Torxila
08-10-11, 07:00 PM
I might come out Friday night if the car is done and tease George with my mods ;)

You someunohbiotch, no double "D"s for you smarty pants. I'm bringing my tazer just in case :)
Hopefully I will see you out there. Just north of the Tuffy (14mile) store on the east side of Woody.

George

ps bring your laptop or what ever it is you tweak with, maybe I'll bring the neice.
gg

Bigron
08-11-11, 08:31 AM
I was out last night and hurt an srt chally's feelings after he spun in first and I walked past him hard.

Bigron
08-13-11, 05:09 PM
I will be out tonight for a bit.

550HP STSV
08-14-11, 10:01 PM
5 more days!

550HP STSV
08-16-11, 11:32 PM
bump! 3 more days!!!!!!!

PGA2B
08-17-11, 11:35 AM
Our Content Writer is going to be there. Not sure if he'll be showing his car or not. He just bought a WRX Wagon.

Bigron
08-17-11, 11:58 AM
Anyone need an iphone/ipod extension cord? I bought a couple extra (volume discount) and could bring them.
It is inexpensive and functional, but not what I would consider factory quality.

Looking forward to this, my old V and new V will be in attendance. I think the new girl can learn a thing or two from that old girl she treated me well.

2010-V
08-18-11, 02:42 AM
So is everbody supposed to get there around noon?

550HP STSV
08-18-11, 10:23 AM
Ill be there at 5pm friday.

JD03Cobra
08-18-11, 10:35 AM
So is everbody supposed to get there around noon?

Yes!!! Official meet time is Saturday between 12-1pm for pictures. I will be there by 10:00am so everyone is welcome to show up early.

There will be a handful of V's showing up on Friday anytime after 3pm. Everyone is welcome.

Tent, tables & chairs will be setup for the weekend.

Jason

550HP STSV
08-18-11, 02:49 PM
jason, shoot me a text. (216)25584.42

Torxila
08-18-11, 08:22 PM
I will have a V series banner by Friday thanks to John Kraemer, Cadillac V series racing manager. He may drop by for a quick visit on Saturday as well.

He also said it would be cool if we all could go to the Mid-Ohio race next year to watch the V-R coupes run, and be their guests at the V corral and hospitality venue. How's that sound guys?

I've been working on this for 2 weeks but didn't want to say anything in case it all crashed but looks like we've made a great HOOK-UP with John.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm PUMPED!!
George

liqidvenom
08-18-11, 09:15 PM
ill be there tomorrow and saturday, but not after till i get out of work on friday so maybe after 5pm.

seems like most of you guys dont work or something to be there at 10am?

550HP STSV
08-18-11, 09:47 PM
I will have a V series banner by Friday thanks to John Kraemer, Cadillac V series racing manager. He may drop by for a quick visit on Saturday as well.

He also said it would be cool if we all could go to the Mid-Ohio race next year to watch the V-R coupes run, and be their guests at the V corral and hospitality venue. How's that sound guys?

I've been working on this for 2 weeks but didn't want to say anything in case it all crashed but looks like we've made a great HOOK-UP with John.

I don't know about the rest of you but I'm PUMPED!!
George

Sounds AWESOME. I'm in FOR SURE. So are a lot of my V Friends around the Cleveland area! Add me to your contact list and keep me posted!

And to liqid - all the guys from my work & other jobs in the area take tomorrow off to head up to woodward early to get a full day of enjoyment. its really that great of an event, hard to describe until you partake in it. I have to man the battle stations until 3pm, but then I will be on my way up to arrive a little after 5 with a few possible others. but the majority of friends will be arriving around 10-noon I believe.

liqidvenom
08-18-11, 10:15 PM
good to know... see you guys tomorrow.

Low Rider
08-18-11, 10:58 PM
Lowrider will attend.........hope to hear some of the aftermarket exhaust you guys have ....that is my next mod for sure......look for my Thunder Gray coupe with black wheels (lowered of course)

550HP STSV
08-21-11, 05:17 PM
Woodward was a great success. i know there are more pictures out there!

http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/4eb8fc55.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/e8c95d26.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/9fb096c5.jpg

550HP STSV
08-21-11, 05:47 PM
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/b9fc7b69.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/e252de2e.jpg
http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy102/g1323/almost%20finished%20stsv/9faa7991.jpg