: Adapter for a Wheel Balancer

DeL2000
10-18-04, 03:29 AM
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_img_a/487038_63_full.jpg

I have a 20" Verde Wheels and I was trying to get this wheel balance in one of the UKs shop and they can't do it, due to A (see Picture) while trying to insert the cone. I need a adapter that would rest on the lip of the inner opening B (see Picture). Can someone tell what type of adapter I would need to buy in order for this to work on a wheel balancer. Also, where can I buy it? Thanks

Del

:hmm:

hcvone
10-18-04, 08:23 AM
You want to use a cone that fits where the hub is and not the outside where your pix shows, on some larger wheels you may need to turn the wheel around on the balancing machine to get it to fit, that will work too. :)

DeL2000
10-18-04, 09:35 AM
You want to use a cone that fits where the hub is and not the outside where your pix shows, on some larger wheels you may need to turn the wheel around on the balancing machine to get it to fit, that will work too. :)

Just want to make sure I understand you on this, the hub is the center bore opening of the wheel. If that's the case they should have a cone that should fit it. Right? Strange, why the mechanic was trying to fit a cone and couldn't because of the A (see picture) was in the way, which prevents them placing the cone correctly. Are they right, or can they just put the cone in the hub like you mentioned....

hcvone
10-18-04, 10:16 AM
Their adaptor that tightens against the wheel maybe the problem in your case, and the size of the wheels are not helping, you just need to find a shop that does a lot of larger wheels, they will have different adaptors (some maybe custom made) to fit different wheel configs.