: Talk about going the extra mile, how about 6? Thanks D3!

GMX322V S/C
07-07-11, 09:11 PM
My car had been down for over 3 months...blasted a pothole in heavy rain back in March and damaged a wheel.

1) D3 loans me a wheel so I could get her from the dealer to their shop.

D3 sends the wheel out but the refinisher comes back and says they had changed their process and could not guarantee that the refinished wheel would match what they originally did.

2) D3 informs me, gets a killer price for refinishing the whole set, and sends the other three in.

3) D3 inspects the refinished set and notes that one of them has an inferior finish, informs me, and sends it back in.

Wheel comes back about two shades darker than the other three.

4) D3 informs me and sends the wheel back along with a clearly marked reference wheel.

Refinisher matches to the wrong wheel.

5) D3 gets hold of a complete set of wheels and sends them in to ensure they will all match correctly!

6) D3 then loans me a complete set of wheels and tires so that my GF and I can take a long-planned road trip starting this Saturday.

I can't thank James at D3 enough. He could have just shrugged his shoulders and said all of this was totally out of his control, but he didn't; he's looked out for my best interests and is going way above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. I can't imagine how frustrating this would have been if I was doing this on my own.

The Tony Show
07-07-11, 09:34 PM
Great story. :thumbsup:

cbloveday
07-07-11, 10:30 PM
Nice to see them stepping up. Thanks for sharing!

killer67
07-07-11, 10:55 PM
Nice to hear good customer service stories. Glad you are back on the road in time for your trip. :yup:

Bezoar
07-07-11, 11:04 PM
Thats impressive

RafCon
07-07-11, 11:25 PM
Definitely above and beyond the call of duty!

hlantin
07-08-11, 01:04 AM
great story!..have fun on your trip.

Me Wanna A V
07-08-11, 01:17 AM
So, they changed their Black Chrome process?
How did they improve over your original set?
Do post a pic when you get the new ones mounted.

Domsz06
07-08-11, 08:51 AM
very nice. Great reading about good customer service these days! :thumbsup:

M5eater
07-08-11, 09:24 AM
glad you took the time to post a positive experience. It's too often that internet forums are full of the bad experiences and shit that happens along the way without noting the positive ones. .

SecretWeapon
07-08-11, 09:45 AM
Good job D3.

BLitzkrieg
07-08-11, 09:56 AM
Cool story Bro!

musclesbmf
07-08-11, 11:39 AM
Great story for sure!!.

mark

GMX322V S/C
07-08-11, 01:04 PM
So, they changed their Black Chrome process? How did they improve over your original set? Do post a pic when you get the new ones mounted.I believe they said they had a problem with possible contamination between runs during the initial process; that's supposed to be solved now. I was perfectly happy with the first set. If there's an appreciable difference with the new set, I'll post up.

glad you took the time to post a positive experience. It's too often that internet forums are full of the bad experiences and shit that happens along the way without noting the positive ones.Couldn't agree more. As a consultant, I am in the service industry myself, so it's really refreshing to experience superior customer service--experiences that seem to get fewer and further in-between nowadays.

I'm not even a high-roller at D3; you ought to see some of the projects that they have done and are currently in-progress out there--most of those really high-rollers couldn't care less about Internet forums and so forth, so you'll never hear about their projects unless D3 thinks there would be broader interest and gets the owner's permission to talk about it.

asabase
07-08-11, 03:58 PM
Sounds like D3 needs to find a new plater after all that.

GMX322V S/C
01-31-12, 11:49 PM
Epilogue:

7) Complete set of refinished, D3-supplied wheels finally comes back from the refinisher; they look kind of...dark; sigh...James has done so much already; out of gratitude, I try to live with them...

8) After several weeks, I just can't live with them so dark; I call James and say I'm ready to try another refinisher and pay for it out of my own pocket, but I need his help with the logistics

9) D3 supplies me with another complete set of wheels, refinished (by a different refinisher) just the way I like them...at NO CHARGE

It bears mentioning that D3 was extremely busy throughout this time--and as I've mentioned before, I'm not even one of their high rollers; check out this pic:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-OczItQs1bkw/Tyiuit0JM9I/AAAAAAAABVg/kIguEzrujqU/s800/D3-1.jpg

My car is way over to the left; all of the other cars are high-dollar builds--and the shop in back was also full of works in progress. (incidentally, blkCTSV's race car is way over to the right and the red car currently has a 4.2L Kenne-Bell sitting on top of a 427 in it; you may recognize some of the other cars)

Nevertheless, James took the time, money, and effort to ensure I ended up happy in the end:

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-5UHxDsGLDew/Tyiui1945SI/AAAAAAAABVQ/RtnW43agqFU/s800/D3-2.jpg

Thanks again James/D3!

My car had been down for over 3 months...blasted a pothole in heavy rain back in March and damaged a wheel.

1) D3 loans me a wheel so I could get her from the dealer to their shop.

D3 sends the wheel out but the refinisher comes back and says they had changed their process and could not guarantee that the refinished wheel would match what they originally did.

2) D3 informs me, gets a killer price for refinishing the whole set, and sends the other three in.

3) D3 inspects the refinished set and notes that one of them has an inferior finish, informs me, and sends it back in.

Wheel comes back about two shades darker than the other three.

4) D3 informs me and sends the wheel back along with a clearly marked reference wheel.

Refinisher matches to the wrong wheel.

5) D3 gets hold of a complete set of wheels and sends them in to ensure they will all match correctly!

6) D3 then loans me a complete set of wheels and tires so that my GF and I can take a long-planned road trip starting this Saturday.

I can't thank James at D3 enough. He could have just shrugged his shoulders and said all of this was totally out of his control, but he didn't; he's looked out for my best interests and is going way above and beyond to ensure my satisfaction. I can't imagine how frustrating this would have been if I was doing this on my own.

thebigjimsho
02-01-12, 03:42 PM
That is great service. I'm glad to hear it...