: Still cant find one...

creeker
07-07-11, 07:45 PM
I have been trying to find a speaker wiring harness for my 80 cdv., 12 wire harness, I had one lined up from a guy with an 81 seville,but he
didn't come through, I phoned an auto wrecker, they have an 81 fltwd., my question is, are the radios the same for an 80 cdv. and a
81 fltwd.? I have to have it shipped to me,so would like to know, Thanks.

DouglasJRizzo
07-07-11, 10:47 PM
things are "close enough" that it will work.

cadillac kevin
07-07-11, 11:59 PM
I have an extra set of the radio plugs if you want them. its 3 plugs with 4 prongs apiece (instead of 1 plug with 12 prongs). you can swap between the 1 piece 12 prong unit and the 3 piece units (they fit in the same hole and the prongs are in the same place).

creeker
07-08-11, 12:11 AM
Cadillac kevin, thanks very much for the offer, but wouldn't it be a quite involved mailing them up to me in Canada?.

cadillac kevin
07-08-11, 01:23 AM
I've mailed stuff to canada before. The only involved part would be cleaning out my trunk to find them. lol. I know where the speaker plugs are, but I'd have to look for the power plug. If I cant find them, I'll just pick up a couple sets when I go to the junkyard next week. (I have to go there anyways and the yard doesnt charge me for plugs)
It should cost $5 (US) at the most to mail them to you (thats to cover shipping- the part is free).

creeker
07-08-11, 02:34 PM
I've mailed stuff to canada before. The only involved part would be cleaning out my trunk to find them. lol. I know where the speaker plugs are, but I'd have to look for the power plug. If I cant find them, I'll just pick up a couple sets when I go to the junkyard next week. (I have to go there anyways and the yard doesnt charge me for plugs)
It should cost $5 (US) at the most to mail them to you (thats to cover shipping- the part is free).

I appreciate your offer, but the guy I was dealing with finally responded, and he has the 3 piece harness as well, again ,thanks for your generosity.