: GM to offer years worth of free car insurance

vincentm
07-07-11, 06:04 PM
In WA and OR

http://money.cnn.com/2011/07/06/autos/gm_auto_insurance/index.htm?source=cnn_bin&hpt=hp_bn3

johnny kannapo
07-07-11, 06:50 PM
Obamacare for cars

It's all part of the Bahama Alabama's social justice plan now that Americans own 32% of GM. It will never fly.

This idea short lived as will be, is something that could only be considered on the left coast.

OffThaHorseCEO
07-07-11, 06:57 PM
did you read the comments on there?

Its amazing how many people pure hate American car companies.

The sad part is most of it is based on assumptions and perception. I see people posting that american cars get crappy gas mileage and japanese cars all get better gas mileage what?!?! I bet alot of the commenters are young people who have always driven honda toyotas etc and are speaking from their excretion cavity

The american big 3 need to team up and do a HUGE campaign in the style of "truth" or "high fructose corn syrup" that debunks myths and tries to correct misconceptions. I agree that the main thing is improving build quality but if people blindly continue to dismiss american cars, improved quality will be for nothing.

side note about the high fructose corn syrup ads. they say something along the lines of "i bet you heard high fructose corn syrup was x and x and x." The funny thing is, i had never heard bad things about high fructose corn syrup until those ads

johnny kannapo
07-07-11, 07:01 PM
It's typical CNN one sided fantasy.

brandondeleo
07-09-11, 05:50 AM
...left coast.*Offended* Lol. That only counts within the limits of the large cities of the west coast, such as SD, LA, SF, Portland, and Seattle. The rest of us on the west coast have brains. Hell, I grew up in Los Angeles, yet I am a conservative. The same goes for the east coast. City=liberal.

johnny kannapo
07-09-11, 10:37 AM
If they want to sell a lot of cars, they need to offer a year of free insurance + citizenship.

Now that is a tangible voter demographic.

Stingroo
07-09-11, 10:42 AM
Holy ignorance up in this thread, Batman!