: Anyone see this accident coming out of Hartford by the tunnel going east to I84 today

Lord Cadillac
07-07-11, 12:08 PM
This was posted on another forum:

If anyone was coming out of Hartford today by the tunnel and going toward east Hartford to I84 and saw the motorcycle accident please give me any info. that was my brother on the bike. A guy in a silver bmw would not let my brother get on the highway and so my brother tried to speed up and the guy in the bmw did also My brother then had to pick fall into traffic or hit the wall and he hit the wall. the guy in the bmw pulled over a few 100 ft up the road got out and said you ****ing deserved that ******* and drove way. there will be a add in the paper with a reward to the finding of this guy. thank you

Stingroo
07-07-11, 12:18 PM
Wow. What a dick. Although honestly the biker could have probably just slowed down instead of trying to speed in front of the BMW in the first place....

Regardless, that BMW guy needs to be charged. Absolute bullshit.

Submariner409
07-07-11, 12:37 PM
Typical - most suburban BMW drivers around here are of the same road hog mentality, too...........but our breed also drives with cell phones stuck to their important ear(s).

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW ?

(The BMW has the pricks on the inside.)

orconn
07-07-11, 04:31 PM
Typical - most suburban BMW drivers around here are of the same road hog mentality, too...........but our breed also drives with cell phones stuck to their important ear(s).

What's the difference between a porcupine and a BMW ?

(The BMW has the pricks on the inside.)

I don't care whether it is East Coast or West Coast BMW owners/drivers seem, universally, to be self-centered, narcissistic children. Parts of L.A. and the Washington, D.C. seem to have the highest density of these idiots.
Twenty some years ago my son, a rising 11 year old came up with the theory that the air conditioning was at fault for BMW's being driven by idiots. His theory was that a viral infection carried in the HVAC system invaded the owners/drivers brain causing sociopathic symptoms. Best explanation I've heard for this all to prevalent phenomenon!

vincentm
07-07-11, 06:09 PM
I don't care whether it is East Coast or West Coast BMW owners/drivers seem, universally, to be self-centered, narcissistic children. Parts of L.A. and the Washington, D.C. seem to have the highest density of these idiots.
Twenty some years ago my son, a rising 11 year old came up with the theory that the air conditioning was at fault for BMW's being driven by idiots. His theory was that a viral infection carried in the HVAC system invaded the owners/drivers brain causing sociopathic symptoms. Best explanation I've heard for this all to prevalent phenomenon!

Not to mention they're total yuppymobiles

Rodya234
07-07-11, 06:22 PM
The BMW driver was a total douche, but it didn't have to happen that way. The guy on the bike could have just slowed down and let him go. When it comes to driving at least, responding to aggression with aggression can lead to situations that needlessly put people's property and well-being at risk.

That being said, I hope they find the guy. Not only could his behavior have put this guy in the morgue, but his actions afterwards were completely uncalled for.

The Tony Show
07-07-11, 06:35 PM
There's plenty of cool guys here who drive BMWs, so let's get off the "BMW guys are pricks" kick. This one particular guy is a waste of life, regardless of what kind of car he's driving- let's leave it at that.

OffThaHorseCEO
07-07-11, 06:52 PM
gary88 spends more time washing and snapping pics than driving so i dont think he counts...:sneaky:

:hide:

Sevillian273
07-07-11, 06:55 PM
His beemer actually has zero miles. His camera on the other hand, has a hundred thousand.:thumbsup:

orconn
07-07-11, 08:40 PM
Glad Gary88 makes my day, sometimes, with his extraordinary photographs of Chicago!

orconn
07-07-11, 09:31 PM
Not to mention they're total yuppymobiles

Before most of you were born, there were many people who thought people who drove Cadillacs were self-centered, rude drivers, very much as many describe BMW drivers today. I remember hearing comments from people on the street to that effect, and here I was a thirty year old driving a new '76 Seville. It was during the seventies that the term "yuppy" came into use and originally it didn't refer to drivers of BMW's (they had made it out of the econo class yet) it was used to describe the newly, and some thought prematurely, affluent who were becoming more visible in American cities on both coasts (and Chicago).

However, I do think the maneuverability and handling of the 3 series (yuppy favorite) BMW that lends itself to a more aggressive driving style! To young "yuppy" guys and gals, who probably hadn't driven anything better than a 1990 Olds Ciera (like my young lawyer daughter in law) a BMW 3 series was a revelation and they think has endowed themselves with new driving skills ..... in fact the exercise of these new found "skills" result in driving habits that are rude and in many cases unsafe. So maybe BMW drivers really aren't "douches" they just drive that way!

brandondeleo
07-08-11, 12:00 AM
They're not douches, they just act like douches. Lol.

Playdrv4me
07-08-11, 04:24 AM
Blah blah blah. BMW haters will hate. I've definitely seen my share of as*hole Cadillac drivers (especially with the "urban" allure), so stereotyping by car brand is assinine and juvenile. I'm really surprised to see how easily some here fell for the anti-BMW bait as soon as they got the chance. I expect better from this forum.

Playdrv4me
07-08-11, 04:28 AM
There's plenty of cool guys here who drive BMWs, so let's get off the "BMW guys are pricks" kick. This one particular guy is a waste of life, regardless of what kind of car he's driving- let's leave it at that.

Thank you (though I'm not driving one right now, you know how much I enjoy them), and agreed.

thebigjimsho
07-08-11, 08:55 AM
I'm a Bimmer fanboy and have been since I could remember riding in my parents' 2002. I just happen to drive kickass Cadillacs that were designed to beat M5s...

thebigjimsho
07-08-11, 08:57 AM
BTW, I'd love to know exactly where this accident happened. Because I don't know anyplace in Hartford where it's merge or die at wall...

orconn
07-08-11, 01:11 PM
I certainly don't "hate" BMW drivers, some of my "best" friends are BMW drivers (ha!ha!). Of the cars currently available in th U.S market BMW makes, in my opinion, some of the best handling cars to be had. However, I do believe that all too often the fine handling of these cars brings out an aggressive and uncivil driving style in drivers whose lack of skill, selfish disregard for others and general scofflaw tendencies make them standout. If that is a definition of "douche" then so be it!

OffThaHorseCEO
07-08-11, 03:09 PM
...If that is a definition of "douche" then so be it!

douche

verb /do͞oSH/
A device for washing out the vagina as a contraceptive measure

Submariner409
07-08-11, 03:13 PM
There's plenty of cool guys here who drive BMWs, so let's get off the "BMW guys are pricks" kick.

Tony, It's a joke !!!!! ..............and the same joke has been around forever.............I picked it up back in the 80's from a younger sister who lives in and commutes in DC. For the purposes of a chuckle, one could just as well substitute Lexus, Jaguar, Cadillac or Prius for starters...............but, then again, some BMW drivers.....................................

Submariner409
07-08-11, 03:15 PM
douch - verb /do͞oSH - A device for washing out the vagina as a contraceptive measure

Always remember to use the latest model of handy dandy double durable disposable dashboard douche bag, guaranteed not to rust, bust, or collect dust.

brandondeleo
07-09-11, 10:59 AM
Last year, my aunt and uncle were riding his motorcycle on the freeway in Escondido, CA, and a pickup in front of them dropped a barbecue in the road. They hit it, and they were both ejected, and they both stood up on the freeway, just fine, and then a Prius hit my uncle. Killed him and demolished the front end of the Prius (he was about 6'5", 250.) The driver of the pickup took off, but they found him and pressed charges a week later. They will catch that bastard in the BMW.

ben.gators
07-09-11, 09:18 PM
Last year, my aunt and uncle were riding his motorcycle on the freeway in Escondido, CA, and a pickup in front of them dropped a barbecue in the road. They hit it, and they were both ejected, and they both stood up on the freeway, just fine, and then a Prius hit my uncle. Killed him and demolished the front end of the Prius (he was about 6'5", 250.) The driver of the pickup took off, but they found him and pressed charges a week later. They will catch that bastard in the BMW.

Sorry to hear this... It really sucks, surviving such an accident and standing up again, and then being hit and killed by a Prius.....

brandondeleo
07-10-11, 04:23 AM
At least he took it out with him. Lol.