: V supercharger cooler filler markings: need help with fill points

Vcoupe11
07-07-11, 10:43 AM
Due to my "old eyes" and the less than optimal markings on the intercooler coolant tank:

I would appreciate some help in determining where the cold fill point would be. If someone has a service manual picture of the fill tank to share or can describe where the fill point would be (ex: quarter from bottom, half way from bottom or such).

Thanks,
Gary

newcadman
07-07-11, 11:02 AM
Gary, you're right the markings are a little difficult to see. There is a downward directed arrow to show the indicated fill level. Basically the visible fluid level will be even with the top of the two attached hoses.

Vcoupe11
07-07-11, 11:15 AM
newcadman,
Thanks for the quick reply.

Gary

Domsz06
07-07-11, 11:22 AM
Keep it as full as you can IMO, that way if you have any air bubbles work out you will be ok. So guess i'd fill it all the way to the bottom of the drain hose. if you run a little out the hose it's not a huge deal, you can just pull your car forward and wipe it up.

cbloveday
07-07-11, 11:52 AM
Make sure your drain hose is not over the PCM. I moved mine over a little and secured it via a zip tie.
I did not want coolant overage spilling onto the PCM.

Domsz06
07-07-11, 01:14 PM
Make sure your drain hose is not over the PCM. I moved mine over a little and secured it via a zip tie.
I did not want coolant overage spilling onto the PCM.

yours doesn't go under your car? Mine empties right by my transmission.

musclesbmf
07-07-11, 02:28 PM
From the original post, it sounds like he is referring to the radiator fill which has horrible markings and is a "tank". The intercooler system just has a fill neck with no associated tank and as previously stated, keep it as full as you can.

Mark

JOEYCTS-V
07-07-11, 02:32 PM
How can you keep it as full as you can? Mine sits perfectly at the arrow when cold. When the engine is hot it rises up the tube.

musclesbmf
07-07-11, 04:58 PM
How can you keep it as full as you can? Mine sits perfectly at the arrow when cold. When the engine is hot it rises up the tube.

Sounds like you are already keeping it as full as you can.

M5eater
07-07-11, 07:33 PM

The hot fill point on mine is at the very bottom by the two hoses, if you look on the reverse side, the cold fill is anywhere in the tube above the T part. If yours is cold *and* at or below the T, it's low.