: Help! My wife thinks my V is a bumper car.

Fireverm
07-07-11, 09:14 AM
In 2 months my adoring wife has managed to damage 3 of the rims. Does anyone know the color code of the Satin Graphite rims? The dealer just told me that they are spectra gray but I need the actual color code for my paint guy. I appreciate it guys.

Caddy Wagon
07-07-11, 09:33 AM
Sorry to hear that. Please let us know when you find out the color code, I have no clue.

Domsz06
07-07-11, 10:14 AM
bummer man!!!

My wife is so careful with mine and hardly drives it cuz she doesn't want to damage it lol.

Fireverm
07-07-11, 10:35 AM
bummer man!!!

My wife is so careful with mine and hardly drives it cuz she doesn't want to damage it lol.

I drive far enough to work that I take my 02 Camry up there and leave the V for my wife to run her errands and such. I didn't think it would be a problem for her to drive the V regularly as the car we got rid of for the V was an 05 GTO that after dropping a turbo in it had 532 rwhp and could be a real handful. She never had any problems driving that car (aggressively too!) but she is having a real hard time judging distance in this car and I think she isn't slowing down enough to take that into account.

Fireverm
07-07-11, 12:51 PM
As Always, Luke@Lindsay came through in the clutch!

The color code for the Satin Graphite rims are 784U.

Thanks again Luke.

nynd
07-07-11, 12:59 PM
As Always, Luke@Lindsay came through in the clutch!

The color code for the Satin Graphite rims are 784U.

Thanks again Luke.

Do they have a touch up stick for that or do you have to respray with a gun?

zirotti
07-07-11, 01:03 PM
Do they have a touch up stick for that or do you have to respray with a gun?

Ya curious to that as well. I have a couple tiny nicks that I want to just touch up.

Fireverm
07-07-11, 01:04 PM
Not sure, will have to look. My guy said he'll fix all 3 (repair and respray 2 of them, touch up the 3rd) for $150.

theamcguy
07-07-11, 04:19 PM
What about the paint code for the standard painted wheels on the 2011?

RogersV
07-07-11, 04:44 PM
what about the paint code for the standard painted wheels on the 2011?

x2 ..

PhxTriode
07-07-11, 08:55 PM
Been a year and a half and my wife has never even sat in the drivers seat...

Just sayin

EVIL_C5
07-07-11, 09:07 PM
Tell her to back into spaces and turn the mirrors down to see the curb. Since I got this concept across, we have had no issues

Fireverm
07-08-11, 10:11 AM
Been a year and a half and my wife has never even sat in the drivers seat...

Just sayin

Not an option for me as I'm not interested in buying a 3rd car that mostly gets unused since it's just for the sole purpose of keeping my wife from driving the V. Besides, I can just imagine how that conversation would go: "So babe, just hear me out first..."

Vrocks
07-08-11, 02:38 PM
Good thing the satin graphite wheels are cheap!

Torxila
07-08-11, 05:16 PM
I guess I'm lucky, my wife is NOT a car person. She also understands my "AAA" anal-automotive-addiction. She hasn't driven the V, yet but all our other hot rods she's been overly caution when parking, as never curbed a rim, never curbed a front spoiler which is more than I can say for myself.

The cost of rim repairs may soon outweigh to cost of you commuting in the V and leaving the Camry at home.

Stay calm,

Remember, I man can change the world...with enough ammunition!

George

shchow
07-09-11, 10:03 AM
Feel your pain.
My wife took out the front trim under the bumper when she parked it on top of a cement slab.
But it was MY FAULT for not telling her how low the car was...