: Best Brake Pads for the CTS-V

crabapple
07-07-11, 01:39 AM
Looking for the best brake pad for the 2009 CTS-V. I've looked at Hawk and found the rear pads as they seem to be the same
from 2004 and up. The front pads are not found for the 2009 and up V's.

Anyone have a suggestion as where to find a better pad? Ceramic, HP etc? Thanks

baabootoo
07-07-11, 02:06 AM
Please describe "best". What's wrong with the stock pads anyway? Did you search this yet too? SEVERAL threads on what's the "best".

GM-4-LIFE
07-07-11, 02:16 AM
I tried the Hawk performance ceramic and while the dust was WAY less than the OEM pads, the noise was unbearable! I went back to the OEM pads and the noise went away.

Caddyscat
07-07-11, 05:07 AM
How much were the OEM pads and is it better to have the rotors turned or just buy new ones? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread. I don't think there's anything wrong with the OEM pads, dust is a phenomenon of performance.

DrumStix
07-07-11, 05:36 AM
I really like my Hawk "Ceramic's." The initial bite is actually better than stock even when they are cold and under heavy breaking the outperform them. Under normal driving they hardly dust at all but it you just on them hard they dust pretty good.

Front - HB649Z.605 - Rear - HB194Z.570

M5eater
07-07-11, 08:40 AM
How much were the OEM pads and is it better to have the rotors turned or just buy new ones?
it's better to buy new rotors, However there's absolutely nothing wrong with just turning them.

Please describe "best". What's wrong with the stock pads anyway? Did you search this yet too? SEVERAL threads on what's the "best".

+1.
Best for street, best for high temp race track, lowest dusting..?

crabapple
07-07-11, 11:06 AM
I sold a 2010 Camaro SS to get the CTS-V. While the Camaro was a blast to drive and one of the cars that I wanted from the first time I heard GM was going to release, the CTS-V has always been a dream car for me to own. I had a lot of different mods done to the SS and one of them was a set of
Racing Brake rotors(which reduce the rotating mass 26 lbs) and Hawk Ceramic pads. I had a set of 360Forged wheels on the car and noticed after
putting the ceramic's on, the dust virtually went away.
I guess what I meant by best was first lowest dust, second performance. I see that the OEM pads have decent stopping power but the dust is really bad.
Thanks for the replies and the part numbers. Looks like a set of Hawk pads will be ordered.

crabapple
07-07-11, 11:10 AM
I really like my Hawk "Ceramic's." The initial bite is actually better than stock even when they are cold and under heavy breaking the outperform them. Under normal driving they hardly dust at all but it you just on them hard they dust pretty good.

Front - HB649Z.605 - Rear - HB194Z.570

PM sent and thanks.

thebigjimsho
07-07-11, 01:50 PM
Meh. Get a set of Hawk DTC-30s. Phenomenal braking power and very street friendly even though it's listed as a track pad. It dusts, but not crazy like a track pad would. None of the above mentioned will come close.

baabootoo
07-07-11, 03:19 PM
How much were the OEM pads and is it better to have the rotors turned or just buy new ones? Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread. I don't think there's anything wrong with the OEM pads, dust is a phenomenon of performance.

I use the stock pads for a few months during the summer when I need them, then use Autozone ceramics the rest of the year.