: New Caddy Owner

87cadman
10-17-04, 11:31 PM
I will be recieving a 1987 Fleetwood Brougham shortly. My Grandfather bought it new and took pretty good care of it. My dad purchased it from him a few years ago when he (grandfather) got a new car for himself. Now my dad is going to give it to me as soon as he replaces the waterpump. Now on to the questions. I was wondering about perfomance parts for the 307 in the car. Is it the same as the GM 307 or is it completly different. I am pretty sure that the car is carburated. I was thinking about a new carb, intake, headers and a new ehaust system. Any help on where I can fing these things would really help. Now onto the body work. It needs a new panit job because the clearcoat is gone and paint is starting to fade really bad. It is a crappy brown color. I don't know if I want to repaint the same color or paint it a dark burgandy and leave the vinyl top brown. The carpet in my opinion needs to be replaced, so where would be a good place to get carpe? Also I need to know where to get some body parts instead of the overpriced dealer. The part that I need is the plastic filler panel between the taillight housing and the body. A guy rearended my mom a while back and he didn't have insurance to get it repaired. I was also thinking about new wheels and tires. How big can I go? I don't want 20's, I was thinking about 17's or 18's should look nice I just don't know if they will fit. So other than those few things the car is in pretty good shape. Any help you could share would be a big help.

barge master
10-18-04, 12:20 AM
Look around in the 5.0/5.7 section. Not too long ago a guy posted a long list of info facts about the 307 Olds. Can't remember the name of the thread though. :welcome: