: Headliner Ravelling

99embrey
07-05-11, 08:19 PM
We had to have a new windshield put in today after a rock took the old one out. I was inspecting the job when the wife got home, and noticed the headliner is kind of "ravelled" out at the front edge where it meets the windshield. I dont remember noticing this before. Anyone else seen this?

darkknight1999
07-05-11, 08:36 PM
A picture would help ;)

Merc
07-05-11, 10:28 PM
We had to have a new windshield put in today after a rock took the old one out. I was inspecting the job when the wife got home, and noticed the headliner is kind of "ravelled" out at the front edge where it meets the windshield. I dont remember noticing this before. Anyone else seen this?

I have seen this before on my escalade and questioned it too. It looked more frayed in my opinion. I assumed that it has always been like that.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-06-11, 03:50 PM
99embrey,

Did you get your windshield replaced at your local Cadillac dealership?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

99embrey
07-06-11, 11:06 PM
No, my brother in law owns a glass buisness. I did however have an o.e. windshield put in. We had another escalade in at my work today, and I noticed the headliner was pretty much the same way, and Merc, your right. I think "frayed" is a better word. Honestly, I wouldn't want to own any other suv, but some of the issues these vehicles have are just ridiculous for the money we pay, i.e. broken door handles, rust issues (undercarriage and body), corrosion issues in engine bay, electrical issues, piston slap, wheels flaking, ect...

evois
07-09-11, 01:53 AM
it is your brother in laws fault. worst scenario is the dealer will replace the headliner since if it was their fault. but not this time.

Nice Ride
04-04-12, 02:03 AM
I have a 09 esv platinum. I have the same problem. Original windshield, it is just how it was manufactured.