: My 2010 was rear ended by a box truck...

krbaron
07-05-11, 07:47 PM
I am in New York State and the other drivers' insurance covered the repair costs. My SRX has less than 14,000 miles and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with filing a diminished value claim. The cost of the damages were just under $2,000. My insurance company has stated that they will not intervene on my behalf. Should I contact a Lawyer?

Smokin' SRX
07-05-11, 11:44 PM
hey sorry to hear. I too am in NY and I only know that when you lease, when you turn the car in at the end, if car was in a bender, they cannot ask any money if it was repaired correctly (obviously not a amateur job)

I understand your point entirely. When you sell, since it was repaired by an Ins Co., there's a record on Carfax and that may diminish your sale price.

Good luck. Glad it wasn't "too bad". I feel your pain. Just had my entire rear hatch repaired & painted (private funds....$500 ) Came out perfect.

SS

krbaron
07-05-11, 11:50 PM
I own it.

Smokin' SRX
07-05-11, 11:52 PM
Ouch! See a lawyer........

SS

Ponyman
07-06-11, 01:47 PM
My 07 Avalanche I just traded in was rearended at one time. The dealer who has it now has a car fax on it and it states this vehicle is worth $30 less than the normal identically equipped Avalanche. Don't know if they would diminish your value similiarly or not. My Avalanche had about $3000 damage to it, and was repaired so that you could not tell it had ever been hit.

Smokin' SRX
07-06-11, 04:11 PM
$30? Wow, almost seems laughable. Who'd care ..... My concern would be if another buyer read the Carfax report and walked away ,or wanted $1,000 discount! I wouldn't buy a bender car if I had a choice of another. Too many electronics/gadgets to worry about. Maybe that's just me? I am a bit crazy about cars, LOL

SS

krbaron
07-07-11, 08:57 PM
I don't want it anymore. The repair job was very good, but I can see that the bumper is not aligned perfectly with the wheel wells. It was aligned when it was new. I can completely understand why someone would put less value on ANY vehicle that was involved with any type of accident regardless of the current mileage. I am going to see the dealer and see what the difference in trade-in would be, but I'm also going to visit my Lawyer.

Ponyman
07-07-11, 09:11 PM
If the repair doesn't look right I can understand you not wanting it. However, many vehicles are repaired to new condition, and are just as good as when new. I drove my Avalanche for 3 years after the accident, and it was perfect when I traded it off. Of course the rear end of an Avalanche is a lot stronger than these cars.

Smokin' SRX
07-08-11, 10:21 AM
I don't want it anymore. The repair job was very good, but I can see that the bumper is not aligned perfectly with the wheel wells. It was aligned when it was new. I can completely understand why someone would put less value on ANY vehicle that was involved with any type of accident regardless of the current mileage. I am going to see the dealer and see what the difference in trade-in would be, but I'm also going to visit my Lawyer.

I sure understand. Well, ya got a couple options then. Before lawyer I'd see Dealer and perhaps they will only de-value it by $30 as mentioned above! If $$ is minor problem, get the 2012!!

If the $$ is too much, see the body shop again. Often, minor adjustments are common after a bender repair. And as Ponyman has mentioned, you may be happy for years....

My previous sled had to be "adjusted" by the Dealers body shop when new! (no accident; several were done!) They used a 2x4 post and 2 guys to bend the doors!! They closed and sealed perfect after that. Freaked me out till I found this is a common industry practice to make all wind noise from door seals disappear. Imagine my face!? LOL

SS