: Flowmaster muffler on an 07 EXT

BklynEXT
07-05-11, 12:58 AM
Hello. I want to put a Flowmaster muffler on my 07 EXT. Does anyone know which one I should get. If so please post the part # of the loudest one that will fit the truck. thanks

timbertoy
07-12-11, 11:44 PM
My stock muffler sounds loud why put aftermarket system that will only cost money. My wife put a corsa sport on her cadillac xlr. The corsa sounds great and if any performance gains are not realized. Corsa has a great exhaust system just cadillac stock works and sounds great. Hats off to the designers to balance sound and class when driving a cadillac.

krieghoff
07-12-11, 11:47 PM
You want to be careful with that! Some aftermarket muffle have a real drone problem inside the vehicle.

It can be to the point where you can't hear your radio.

48Dodge
07-13-11, 12:57 PM
I put a corsa sport on my 02 Tahoe. Absolutely NO drone with this system. Very quiet when cruising. Very loud when stomping on it.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

PreachRR
07-13-11, 03:11 PM
Careful with the flowmasters they can be very droning.

BklynEXT
08-04-11, 02:37 AM
Went with the Gibson extreme dual cat back. Truck sounds incredible. Thanks.

Toddstun
08-04-11, 03:28 PM
Went with the Gibson extreme dual cat back. Truck sounds incredible. Thanks.

I am considering the Gibson also and I have many questions. Does this include headers/Y Pipe? I would like to do headers also as the stock exhaust manifold looks inhibiting(but then again, I'm not a mechanic). Would headers also improve performance/mpgs??? Would anything from the cat up mess up the emission controls?

Any answers are appreciated.

d_v_o_1
08-04-11, 05:55 PM
My honest opinion is skip the gibson and flowmaster and get the corsa, borla or B&B. Better quality and no drone! This will not include the headers or the Y pipe. That will run you another $1300 for both those pieces depending on who you buy from. Again, my honest opinion is get the Kooks LONG TUBE headers and a Y pipe. Attach that to a corsa sport and you will be loud as all hell.....so be careful, and consider what you are looking for. From what I have read, you will need a tune after doing the headers to get the performance out of it. Just IMO, hope that helps

BklynEXT
08-07-11, 03:52 PM
I put the Gibson Dual Extreme on my truck. Paid $500 for it on Ebay. For the money you cant go wrong. It's a cat back system. I'm not looking into doing headers or anything else.

d_v_o_1
08-07-11, 04:50 PM
Ya I said the same thing lol