: Need xm radio advise

bd11747
07-04-11, 10:25 PM
Hi all, Just bought a 2004 xlr with no xm radio. There is no U2k code. the only thing i see is the wire harness behind center rear consol.
I want to try to put an aftermarket SIRGM1 system.
Question one is on my radio it says am,fm1,fm2, Wb1. will it change to xm automatically?

Question two is do you thing this new system is all i need

Thanks Brian

Srchief
07-05-11, 12:02 AM
I changed out my XM to the Sir GM 1 unit. As soon as you plug it in "XM1/2" should come up on your display. I installed the Sirus antenna on the right side of my dash and run the lead wire along the edge of the door trim across to the center consol and to the receiver. So far it works great. I had a lifetime sub on another sirus radio and they transferred it to this unit for $50.00
I bought the SirGM 1 unit new in a sealed package off ebay for $20.00 including shipping. I am not sure but with the harness in your car it should be an easy install. I attached the GM1 unit to the bracket for the XM with 2 sided tape. The bolt holes do not match up.

bd11747
07-05-11, 10:46 AM
Thank you so much Srchief

had the car for 2 months and nobody could give me the answer. So far I love the car.
Any suggestions on raising the front end a little. I seem to be dragging that plastic shield every time I go out of my driveway