: D3 lid spacer height?

haterinc
07-04-11, 09:46 PM
Anyone know how high their spacer is?

cbloveday
07-04-11, 11:39 PM
Post #19 states it is 3/8"

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/208762-d3-intercooler-lid-spacer-2.html

PremierJosh
07-05-11, 12:17 AM
True

haterinc
07-05-11, 09:38 AM
hmmm i'm surprised that is all it is considering the space available and even more if plates were made to space the strut tower bar. i searched before and never could find any proven dyno charts from d3 although it was mentioned they existed. have you guys seen them anywhere?

Domsz06
07-05-11, 07:09 PM
hmmm i'm surprised that is all it is considering the space available and even more if plates were made to space the strut tower bar. i searched before and never could find any proven dyno charts from d3 although it was mentioned they existed. have you guys seen them anywhere?

D3 won't post dynos due to the arguments and bashing that normally results. They have posted that they will email em to ya.

Personally I question how good it is. I'd like to see some results from people who buy it before I drop that kind of coin.

PhxTriode
07-05-11, 09:53 PM

They had posted somewhere it was 7hp. Drum and I went a little different direction and raised the lid ABOVE the intercooler from 3/8" to 1.125". We didn't see enough gain to justify the cost though and the blower is loud as hell now.

haterinc
07-05-11, 10:00 PM
Eh I've emailed them before about products with no response. I don't see how a dyno can be argued. I have interest in several of their products like their radiator but without any results displayed, like you without some tested write ups I'll look further. $1000 for a radiator is a lot anyway but so far I've seen no others but feel these cars would greatly benefit engine temps.

PremierJosh
07-05-11, 10:04 PM
They had posted somewhere it was 7hp. Drum and I went a little different direction and raised the lid ABOVE the intercooler from 3/8" to 1.125". We didn't see enough gain to justify the cost though and the blower is loud as hell now.

What do you feel made it so much louder? The lid being a thinner material? On paper it should kick butt, beside price any other downside?

PhxTriode
07-06-11, 12:16 PM
What do you feel made it so much louder? The lid being a thinner material? On paper it should kick butt, beside price any other downside?

The 3/16" material made it louder. I agree it should have kicked ass, I think we would have to spin the hell out of the blower to see its full value but at the cost of crazy heat

Rabbitctsv
07-07-11, 12:36 AM
who built this polished top hat?

PhxTriode
07-07-11, 12:45 AM
who built this polished top hat?

I contracted the work form a company that lets just say it didn't end well with. If you dig through the forum you can find the answer but I would rather not open old wounds.

If you would like you can PM me and I can give you the results