: XM no longer activates. XM Service says known Cadillac issue. Anybody else?

NJRonbo
07-04-11, 10:31 PM
So, suddenly, a few days ago, my XM radio subscription
stops working and goes back to the PREVIEW channel.

I called XM radio 3 separate times to send out a new
activation signal. None of them work.

Finally after the third time the XM rep tells me that this
is a known Cadillac issue and that I will have to take my
SRX to the dealer to have the radio replaced.

Anybody else know anything about this?

Ponyman
07-04-11, 11:27 PM
I think there is a thread on this issue, and a few people did have to have their radio replaced. Try a search and see what turns up.

carman603
08-25-11, 07:38 PM
I am have the same problem with my 2011 SRX. What is the out come of your XM repairs? Anyone else have a similar problem???

NJRonbo
08-25-11, 09:05 PM
Hello Carman!

The Cadillac dealership replaced the entire radio.

They then activated the radio by the time I had picked it up...

....or at least I thought.

Two days later the radio deactived itself again.

So, I had to call XM. They told me the dealership never properly transferred over the old radio ID to the new one. Furthermore, XM radio charged me $15 to make the transfer.

So, I called the dealership and complained about the $15 charge. It was their radio that failed and I should not have been held responsible for the transfer charges. The dealership ended up giving me credit for a free oil change. Not bad, since an oil change usually cost $100.

stevec5375
08-25-11, 09:25 PM
Can I move to some place where I don't have to hear about idiot dealings on a daily basis?

NJRonbo
08-25-11, 09:31 PM
Hey, in the end, I got a $100 oil change for the inconvenience.

Not bad, though as usual, the dealership did a half-ass job.

Not the first time. I usually blast them on their dealer surveys they send soon afterwards.

The dealership in Oakhurst gave me rental car that had just been returned, full of mud. It was the only car they had so they put a notation on the car receipt (some code) and told me to go across the street, show it to them, and get it washed. Mind you, they couldn't do this themselves. I go get the car washed across the street and the guy is complaining to me that only corporate people from the rental company are allowed to get the cars washed. The guy was cool and did the wash, but kind of angry about the whole thing.

I tell you, this dealership in Oakhurst NJ is pretty bad. Every time I go in there I have problems with service.

carman603
08-26-11, 07:15 PM
Yes!!!!

allgm
08-26-11, 09:52 PM
Yes //// Cadillac Dealer installed new nav radio unit. This is my 2nd nav unit. When I got it back I had Traffic & Weather for a week then it disapeared. Called XM they told me my radio was not programed for the traffic & weather. Also got the $15.00 transfer fee taken off my account.
XM all depends on who answers the call one rep out of ten knows anything maybe. . One tech rep told me I had to have the driver door open to reprogram the signal. Didn't work. To begin with I had the Washington DC default problem the 1st nav unit fixed that but lost XM signal. I have had the 2nd unit for over a month now no problems. Except xm can't get weather to display. I have no faith in their tech dept. My dealer has been great .

99ssconv
09-17-11, 09:54 PM
Delores: You must request the “Audio Plus Premium NavTraffic Trial Package” specifically to have the NavTraffic and Basic Weather services enabled correctly.
The reps at XM are terrible, it takes me a few before I can get someone that knows their job.

Marc NY
09-18-11, 12:21 PM
Typically speaking one usually gets an overseas operator...

When I was transferred for additional help this time I got a US person. I told her I needed help with my wife's new GMC's XM radio that wasn't allowing some of the normal stations to play and then suddenly stopped working all-together receiving the other stations. After politely explaining my issues to the lady at XM, she offered me another 3 months of free XM. :D Then we worked out two XM subscriptions (with weather and traffic too) for my wife and I for $77.00 ea. :)

BTW: After we were done talking I proceeded to tell her that it was a pleasure dealing with her... she then told me like-wise! She then proceeded to share with me that I was one of only two people that she has ever said that back too in her year and half working for XM. :holycrap:

Sometimes it really pays to be extra patient and friendly to those XM reps ... :D

stevec5375
09-18-11, 02:50 PM
Typically speaking one usually gets an overseas operator...

When I was transferred for additional help this time I got a US person. I told her I needed help with my wife's new GMC's XM radio that wasn't allowing some of the normal stations to play and then suddenly stopped working all-together receiving the other stations. After politely explaining my issues to the lady at XM, she offered me another 3 months of free XM. :D Then we worked out two XM subscriptions (with weather and traffic too) for my wife and I for $77.00 ea. :)

BTW: After we were done talking I proceeded to tell her that it was a pleasure dealing with her... she then told me like-wise! She then proceeded to share with me that I was one of only two people that she has ever said that back too in her year and half working for XM. :holycrap:

Sometimes it really pays to be extra patient and friendly to those XM reps ... :D

If I know in advance that support will be coming from overseas for a product that I'm considering, I won't buy that product from the vendor. I'm absolutely sick and tired of American jobs being sent overseas AND to countries where English is not the native language and you can barely understand a word they are saying. That is precisely the reason that my last computer purchase was not a Dell. My next one will be Maingear because the entire company is in the U.S. including their support people.

Ponyman
09-18-11, 11:55 PM
You knw Steve, for all the crap I have given you, I have to agree with you. Scary isn't it? When I get an obviously foreign person on the help line, I just hang up and call back till I get an American, or at least someone who sounds like an American. Last time I dealt with XM, I got somebody in El Paso Texas, and we were able to work everyting out just fine.