: Weekend Maintence - 4th of July

JDB
07-04-11, 06:13 PM
So, what did you get done over the long weekend?

Today, I pumped in 4 quarts of M1 syn ATF and, wow, what a difference. makes a huge mess over the pass side exhaust, though. nothing some brake cleaner can't clean up, but, still.. was not expecting that. thankfully, the drain pan picked it up.

http://www.clubmotogp.com/upload/product/Mobil%201%20Synthetic%20ATF%20M.JPG

Shifting is so much smoother and quicker with this over the stock stuff (34k). Takes away some of the notchy-ness of the B&M short shifter. what are you using? and, at what mileage are you changing? I was going to use Amsoil, but the M1 is just so much easier to find on the shelf at your local parts place. It went up in price, though, to $9.59/qt. I thought this was $7.99 when I first bought the car and was going to change all fluids/filters but just didn't get to this one.

I figured since this is only fluid other than power steering that hasn't been changed yet since I've owned it (3/2010, 24k), I wanted to change it out.

all other fluids are stock, but have been changed over the 10k that I've owned it due to various repairs under CPO or I did them.

so, what are you using, and what intervals are you doing for each?
motor oil? 3k, 5k or following the oil %?
trans?
diff?
coolant?
brake?
steering?
clutch?

Hope you had a great 4th weekend!

jclayc
07-04-11, 06:42 PM
motor oil - I follow the % or after a track day (always using Castrol 5w30)
trans - after every 3 track days or like every 10k mi (amsoil)
diff - after every 3 track days or like every 10k mi (amsoil)
brake - after every track day or like every 10k mi (whatever DOT 4 I can find)
steering - only ever topped it off
clutch - I check/replace it constantly (I use the DOT 4 brake fluid)

heavymetals
07-04-11, 07:17 PM
You have to bleed out the clutch fluid as just sucking the reservoir dry and refilling it doesn't replace the fluid in the slave.

jwilson2598
07-04-11, 07:55 PM
I got the brake fluid in mine flushed out thanks to the new Motive Power Bleeder I got. It was a brake day Saturday in my garage as we flushed mine and did pads/rotors/flush on my buddies 335i in preparation for his first track day in a couple weeks.

Also got my iPod adapter in, CTS armrest swapped, and ridded my rear window of the OnStar antenna since it's still the old analog system and I added the Galaxy1000.

raguncajn
07-04-11, 09:33 PM
I got a lot done on my V as well. Flushed out the brakes with some new Super Blue, flushed out the power steering with Amsoil, and changed the transmission fluid with Amsoil.

I also blacked out the tail lights and painted the grill with plastidip.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee514/raguncajn/Cadillac/2011-07-04_17-59-23_591.jpg

I know the car is filthy but it's been sitting in the garage now for over a month waiting on headlights and wheels.

rand49er
07-05-11, 09:15 AM
6 qts Mobil 1, 5W-30 and Amsoil Ea032 filter.

Still breaking in my Katech LS9 clutch.

GDPossehl
07-05-11, 10:22 AM
Started out with a diff fluid exchange from unknown to Amsoil 75w90 with locker additive and DEI heat shielding on the exhaust near the rear end. Whine significantly reduced.:cool:

Performed the "tight garage" mod on the underside of the drivers door while rolling off the ramps. :nono:

Installed DMH cutouts on existing cutout flanges and wired the switch on the seat.:sneaky:

Replaced the stock sub with a stout Elemental Designs E8A 8" sub. Currently wired to stock amp at 2 ohms. Deciding on what I'm going to use to power it.

Took the shock spacers out of the package, looked at some pictures of them installed, and then realized I didn't have my jack with me. Next weekend :annoyed: