: Hub Centric rings

qictrk
07-04-11, 02:51 PM
I have some after market wheels that I want to mount using these plastic hub centric rings you insert to remove shimmy. What size should I get and is it a waste of time to put in plastic instead of the metal ones which are more money. Its for a '11 Coupe if that makes a difference. Cecil..............

cwcaddy
07-04-11, 03:39 PM
Well I've ran cars with and with out them on a caddy you should prob use them plastic or metal it does not matter. They are only for making sure the wheel is on the hub straight.If you have the correct lugs and wheels for the car they will mount correctly. So the hub rings are a way to make mounting them on the car easier. Also the hub rings help keep the new wheels from possible moving around as you drive. Hope this helps any other ? Feel free to ask

qictrk
07-04-11, 05:57 PM
Thanks CW. Just found out that my after market wheels don't need hubcentric rings, so this thread can be closed. Cecil................

mrjarrett
04-29-12, 02:20 PM
Im also tryn to find out if i need hub centric rings. I just put a set of 18" zenetti fives on my cts. When i put them on look like you could move the rim around a lil but then they tighten up fine. I think its some space between the hub and the rim but not sure. Took theses of my honda after i wrecked it. Didnt think they would fit but they did. Can someone help?

baabootoo
04-29-12, 10:59 PM
Im also tryn to find out if i need hub centric rings. I just put a set of 18" zenetti fives on my cts. When i put them on look like you could move the rim around a lil but then they tighten up fine. I think its some space between the hub and the rim but not sure. Took theses of my honda after i wrecked it. Didnt think they would fit but they did. Can someone help?

Like was said above, they only aid in getting them on to tighten up. 5 lugs, at 140#/ft will center them just fine, so you don't need them UNLESS you can't get it even close.