: Cadillac Escalade 2007 engine number location

escalade2007
07-04-11, 08:56 AM
Hey, fellow drivers. wondered if anybody can help me with this. my vehicle burned to the ground and the insurance company needs the exact location of the engine number for Cadillac Escalade 2007, 6.2 engine. Any kind of help would be appreciated since this is crucial info atm. Searched the forum, couldn't find any info. Thanks you guys!

MrHolland
07-04-11, 12:25 PM
Goodness, sorry to hear that. My condolences to you and yours. I hope you get it straightened out soon and are back on the road. Why did your machine burn??

Tec80
07-05-11, 11:17 PM
On the rear of the block under the Left (driver-side) cylinder head just above where the transmission bolts on.

escalade2007
07-13-11, 07:35 AM
thanks you guys, that helped a lot, found it. the insurance company is nuts i took them to court and its been 3, the case has moved barely. they took the whole thing apart. the cops are not helping, but rather looking for excuses and stuff. now they're telling me this is not THE vehicle. so i checked the engine number, its all good, but now there seems to be another problem. is there a database/a way to find out what VIN number is using this engine number?? thats crucial atm. i know you guys, this is so crazy, but thats how things work here in Europe:) nuts. anybody knows how to find that VIN number? cause it burned, cant even find the spot where it used to be. so i need to match this with the vehicle purchase documents and that would be my victory.
Thanks a lot for your help and support!