Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Hello!New owner from Ukraine. Fleet Br 1994-some questions...

2K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  alexgrig 
#1 ·
Hi to All!
Sorry for my english
I'm living in Ukraine (former Soviet Union) and finally i've got my first car-black 1994 Fleetwood Brougham with gray interior.
Odometer is shown of 42302 miles.
A lot of years i'm dreamin' about Fleet 94-96 with LT1.In my country only two Fleets is knowing.Very rare!
First of my question-how can i obtain second keys for ignition and doors (for cases of losing etc.) Now i have just ONE key for ignition and ONE key for doors.
Thanks!

#3 ·
Electrical wiring Wire Cable Electrical supply Electrical connector
Many of us change the wiring so there is no need for a key with the resistor in it... If you want to do this measure the resistance in the key... Get a resistor or combination of resistors to get the right resistance... then go under the dash board , just under the steering wheel... cut the wires and put the resistor in....

#7 ·
Thanks, friends!
Below link is represents of my topic on Ukrainian forum dedicated to American Autos.
Please, all pictures is clickable.
(sorry, i can't insert link as is, below is text' copy-just copy in browser and enter)

forum.detroit.in.ua/viewtopic.php?p=76890#p76890

And i will be lucky if you leave some comments about condition of this car.

#10 · (Edited)
So!
Yesterday i had disassemble left driver' side insrument panel under steering column and CAN'T FIND "Knee Bolster assembly", as refer to service manual

But when i'm re-check this position in http://www.newcadillacparts.com/ i CAN'T FIND item.

So friends, i have question-what's mean Service manual about "Knee Bolster assembly".
Maybe it's "Column filler"???
other words-"Knee Bolster assembly" and "Column filler" is the same thing??? Or "Knee Bolster assembly" different from "column filler" and my vehicle have missing part?
Thanks and sorry for my English)))

#11 ·
The knee bolster is the trim panel below the steering column, above your knees, when sitting in the drivers seat. Part number 21 in your illustration. And yes, it is also referred to as the steering column filler panel. If you see only the black metal "deflector" (part number 13) then you are missing the knee bolster.

#14 ·
So, knee bolster and steering column filler panel is THE SAME THING ?????
Yes. Same part, different terminology.

The black metal part shown in these two pictures is the deflector.

The grey (interior colored) panel visible in this picture (above the drivers knee area) is the knee bolster/column filler

The black panel visible here (above the pedals) is commonly referred to as a "hush" panel. There is sound deadening material on the back side to reduce interior noise.

IT'S OK????
Nothing appears to be missing.

#13 · (Edited)
Next question about mileage of my Caddy and odometers.
As you can see, vehicle has not much mileage

Shame, but in my country not very rare people trying to get to low mileage (odometer fraud).
So, question-how is probability of UNFAIR mileage in my car???
In 1994' Fleet's is very difficult to make odometer fraud?
Previous host absolutly DO NOT care about car (dirty interior, broken moldings etc) so totally re-change instrument panel , i think, they do not maked, 'cause of lot of reasons-money, parts' waiting from United States, unavaibility of service etc.
So, is presents "non-hard ways" to make odometer fraud???
Steerimg wheel, pedals, underhood' condition is VERY good of view, not sign of intensively usage...
thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.