: Power lift gate

darhef
07-03-11, 09:58 AM
My lift gate will not open with the exterior handle, only opens with the remote or the button on the overhead console. Funny thing though, I was mowing my lawn and noticed the lift gate was opened, so I closed it and shortly after it opened again, then the battery went dead. I charged the battery and everything worked fine. That was last week and now it's acting up again????

darhef
07-04-11, 09:56 AM
Does anybody know where the liftgate object sensors are located?

evois
07-05-11, 01:45 AM
does it have one?

darhef
07-05-11, 07:21 AM
I found it here... http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/Bluegorilla/2009-11-26_162051_power_lift_gate.pdf... It does mention a liftgate object sensor. As well as many other diagnostics.

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-05-11, 04:17 PM
darhef,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Did you speak with your dealership about this issue yet? Also, did the website you posted tell you where the object sensors are located?

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

darhef
07-21-11, 10:08 AM
No it didn't....Also, I'm not hearing the liftgate lock/unlock when I use the fob or the lock/unlock button inside the truck. Are there certain fuses I can be looking for maybe?

darhef,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your vehicle. Did you speak with your dealership about this issue yet? Also, did the website you posted tell you where the object sensors are located?

Thank you,

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-21-11, 04:17 PM
darhef,

I show that fuse number 74 is for the power lift gate module. Try that and see if that does anything.

Thank you,