: New U2 Album Coming nov 23rd

Stoneage_Caddy
10-17-04, 01:18 PM
Anyone else been waiting for this album to come out ?

Its been to long Since the last one ......

The name of it is :
"How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb."

We’ve Waited 25 Years To Make This Record’It’s Such a Personal Record, It May Just Be Our Best,’ claims Bono in the new edition of Q Magazine.

In a lengthy interview covering ten pages of the November edition of the UK music glossy, the band muse on each track of the forthcoming release of How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb.

Adam, for example, points out that the first single Vertigo offers some intriguing musical references to the earliest U2.

‘The bass and drums have a little bit of Echo & The Bunnymen in there – a nice wink to where we came from.’

Edge has no doubts that the album has some showstopping tracks

http://www.u2.com/

:cool: :dance: :woohoo: :band:

majax
10-17-04, 01:51 PM
Oh great,

It's the end of the world as we know it :suspense:

woo hoo, I had no clue they had not made an album in 25 years I bet there will be a few hits on it for sure.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-17-04, 03:08 PM
well not exactly ...theyve made a few albums along the way

Joshua tree ,rattle and hum , zooeuropa,lemon , actung baby , best of vol 1 and 2 , all that you cant leave behind and there is a few more im forgetting right now and alot of remixes and singes..its ususly about 1-2 years between albums , this one has been about 3 with a 5 track remix album in between to hold us over between "all that you can leave behind" and the "upcoming how to disarm" ....

Ralph
10-17-04, 04:29 PM
well not exactly ...theyve made a few albums along the way

Joshua tree ,rattle and hum , zooeuropa,lemon , actung baby , best of vol 1 and 2 , all that you cant leave behind and there is a few more im forgetting right now and alot of remixes and singes..its ususly about 1-2 years between albums , this one has been about 3 with a 5 track remix album in between to hold us over between "all that you can leave behind" and the "upcoming how to disarm" ....

I think Joshua Tree put them on the map. They weren't really known until then and EVERYBODY bought it. I bought that Zooropa when it came out and I was only impress with one or two songs on it unfortunately. That's the problem when you buy a CD and the rest of the songs aren't as good. For example I bought that Cheryl Crow CD for that Steve Mcqueen song and only one other was worth listening to IMO. I like some if U2's early stull like the WAR album.

Stoneage_Caddy
10-17-04, 04:41 PM
WAR was great

and i know all about that sheryl crow bit , i got screwed the last time i got her cd , only 2 songs were halfway decent on it ....I got legal napster now , and the mcqueen song without the other tracks of fluff

Ralph
10-17-04, 04:48 PM
Ever been to a U2 concert?

I gotta say I respect the Stones, that they are still grinding away is simply amazing. I've had their stuff since childhood! They got to be my all time favorite.

I've only been to a Guns and Roses concert with Brian May from Queen opening and it was terrific. 18,000 people in attendance. I'll never forget Axl bringing out a couch onto stage and a couple of Stripers passed through the crowd to go up there with him LOL! All staged of course.

bbozsik
10-24-04, 10:52 PM
I remember when U2 put out "All That You Can't Leave Behind" and I thought that was an amazing departure from the direction they were going. Starting with Achtung Baby! they were always about 3 years ahead of contemporary rock all through the 90s... When you listen to Zooropa now, it doesn't sound so strange, but at the time it was realeased it was like a slap in the face.

My favorite U2 album is definately Achtung Baby!, or the Joshua Tree, or War... I love them all. Even Boy.

RBraczyk
10-24-04, 11:44 PM
whats with the uno dos tres catorce thing?

one two three fourteen?