: D3 holding my 2006 XLR-V for a year and three monmths on a build!

Steelers1
07-01-11, 03:24 AM
Anybody else experiencing problems with D3 Research and Design in Signal Hill, CA? They promised me a 850 HP+ Super Cadillac XLR-V and its one delay after another - patience wearing very thin!

deadringer
07-01-11, 12:52 PM
That really sucks - I wouldn't mind hearing the entire story...

GizmoQ
07-01-11, 08:48 PM
Knowing what I had to go thru to get 501RWHP, I hesitate to consider what they would have to do to get you 850. My tuner said 600 max on that engine safely, even with modified internals. Are they installing a different motor? LSX?

Are they installing a new tranny and rear-end, too?

Details, details, details!?!?!?!?!??!

skibum2
07-01-11, 09:54 PM
This is a story that needs to be told... When we invest in promises we would like them to be true...Believe nothing in what you hear and only half of what you read... Someone more important than me said this...I have learned to put everything promised in writing....good luck with this one..

alarmu12
07-02-11, 06:46 PM
If you ever get your car back, what are you going to do with 850 hp?

RADARB8
08-14-11, 11:48 PM
I think he is goingto drive it...Wouldn't u have wanted that much hp in your 37 coupe...:confused: It is all about performance....An XLR is a roadster that was underhorsepowered.....Nice to see someone doing it right..It is a beautiful car, but i would expect more hp from an American roadster....Nothing better than the feel of speed and torque.....except maybe one other thing:)

studio caddi
12-21-11, 09:50 AM
That sucks but before you can really get an honest answer we all need to know the whole story .

jedhead
12-22-11, 05:04 AM
I recall last spring seeing an XLR-V that was going to have a TVS2300 installed on a custom cast intake manifold. Is that one yours?

Bob

550HP STSV
01-19-12, 10:09 PM
did someone kill that guy for talking?

studio caddi
01-21-12, 03:35 AM
Does this seam bogus to anyone else here that this guy claims that D3 has been holding his car for 3 months but he doesn't give us all the details about his car or why they are holding it ? I worked for several big tuner companies in the past and we only would hold cars when the customer paid half the cost upfront and then didn't pay the other half upon completion of their car . Since the poster of this thread only tells us half the story I have to assume that he owes D3 money and refused to pay them .

skibum2
01-22-12, 12:58 PM
Yep, me thinks there is more to this.......Almost sounds like there are legal issues here.....

550HP STSV
01-25-12, 12:44 PM
yet doesnt it seem bogus that D3 isnt even defending themselves?

RippyPartsDept
01-25-12, 01:53 PM
if there is a legal fight then they are probably taking advice of counsel and not commenting in public about the case

Rakenjevnk
03-15-12, 11:52 AM
I don't care about legal crap. I wanna see an 850HP XLR-V!

GizmoQ
03-15-12, 01:07 PM
I don't care about legal crap. I wanna see an 850HP XLR-V!

You and me, both. :thumbsup:

lambdaman
03-26-13, 10:55 PM
Holy cow , I thought them holding my CTS V for 12 months now is insane, but apparently not.

lunarx
03-29-13, 06:49 PM
Pretty standard build times for custom work.
You guys need to realise what you are signing up for, when you get into this level of mods.
Every tuner promises 2 months but, unless you personally know someone who had a major build done in less than a year, don't believe it.
There are lots of hidden costs and time in fine tuning and debugging the car, even after you finally get past the initial build.

Always consider all your other options, before going into projects like this.
For the time and money spent, you would be shocked to realize how fine a car you could have bought instead.

That said, I love the XLR-V and agree that it would be amazing with more power.
It's just a long expensive road to get there.