: Any good dealers in Chicago?

CadzillaTN
06-30-11, 07:08 PM
Hey Guys,
I'm driving to Chi-Town tomorrow to see family and celebrate the 4th. I decided to take one more road trip with V under warranty even though she's vibrating like a sybian.

Can anyone recommend a GOOD dealer in town (or say within an hour in any direction) that knows Vs well? Any really good service writers that understand what a normal V feels like vs one that rattles fillings loose? I would really like to get a second opinion on a few issues before my warranty expires in 2 weeks...

Perhaps I made a mistake..., but today was my "deadline" to extend my current warranty and I didn't....Im at 64,985 miles. The cost was $3000+ for 3 yr/30k mi and a $200 deductible. Instead I decided to buy another car for a DD and replace parts on V as necessary since I can park it during repairs. If she starts pooping on me bad, I'll just put a cork in her butt and sell to the highest bidder:ill: (hopefully not!)

On a related note, if anyone would be available to meet up sometime and take a spin in mine, I would appreciate the constructive impression!

Oh, either on the way there or back, I have to stop in STL and hear Houdini's famous "silent" diff too :).

thanks in advance...

rand49er
07-01-11, 06:46 AM
Hm-m ... must not be any good dealers in Chi-town.

Jared, can't recall if I asked this, but does it vibrate at a standstill with the clutch pedal pushed in or just while in motion?

nmaier2201
07-01-11, 11:49 AM
Well I was debating on posting up or not... I've been to three. All three were...... ok... none outstanding. None of the service writers seemed to be super familiar with the V either.

I've been to Heritage, Patrick, and Foley..... if I had to recommend one... it would be Foley... their service writer was better than the others.

As far as repairs the best service I had for common problems was patrick.....

For super touch tech problems Heritage did a good job for me...

nmaier2201
07-01-11, 11:50 AM
I'm leaving for the holiday or I'd meet up with you and buy you a beer and we could check out each other's cars...

ahh well. Next time ok?

Crash-Override
07-01-11, 04:20 PM
Im work in Nashville and live close to Franklin if you are ever in the area. I am by no means an expert in these cars but i have had my fair share of problem resolution in the past....lol