: Pride of Ownership

GMJim
06-30-11, 06:28 AM
Every morning I see a Black (i think) SRX, with chrome (possibly) wheels. I swear this vehicle still has salt on it from winter. Why would anyone spend this kinda jack, and just let their vehicle go to chit?
Is washing a car, once a month troublesome? quarterly?
It makes me sick to see this dirty POS every morning. I want to wash it for them. Maybe it's just me.................

algiorda
06-30-11, 07:02 AM
I couldn't agree with you more...I see it all the time. A brand new card that is filthy; most of the time it's luxury cars. You wonder where the drivers head is at.:hmm:

allgm
06-30-11, 07:50 AM
I bet the inside is just as bad. It brothers me also

Ponyman
06-30-11, 08:00 AM
It would drive me the rest of the way crazy to have my vehicle like that. I slack off a little bit during the summer just cause it is so darn hot, but when they need it they still get washed.

TheCaptain
06-30-11, 04:14 PM
This is why i wash my friends' vehicles on the side. :D

stevec5375
06-30-11, 04:31 PM
Many years ago, my first job out of college was to repossess cars for a bank. It was a BIG learning experience for me in terms of human nature. I was so naive back then but got educated very quickly about deadbeats in our society.

Many of the cars I repoed were trashed out and had never had the oil changed. It was literally black sludge in the crankcase. This was back before the days of layoffs, outsourcing, and generally ill-managed economies. The people who bought these cars were in over their heads from the start. They barely had the minimum down payment and their monthly payments on the car were sky high. So all it took was one little unplanned disaster in their household for the cards to come tumbling down.

So now every time I see a trashed out new car, I immediately "assume" they are probably past due on their car note as well. Go figure!

PJ1520
07-01-11, 02:00 PM
What we don't realize is that the masses are not anal-retentive fanatics like we are. To most, vehicles are nothing more than 4 wheels and transportation, a tool not unlike a hammer. They turn the key, put it in gear, and drive. They don't do anything until that sequence of events is disrupted.

I have to go and remove a smashed knat from my front license plate now.

PJ

Smokin' SRX
07-01-11, 02:18 PM
ditto on that guys!! How bout the folks who drive gorgeous cars, keep them gorgeous and then toss their coffee cup or cig butt out the window, at the first stop sign?? No one matters but them! I could be in jail.............several times a week!

SS

Marc NY
07-02-11, 10:50 AM
I sense that a lot of people who decide to lease vehicles don't seem to really care much about timely routine oil changes or regular maintenance or for that matter even bother cleaning their vehicles very often. They must have the attitude "Heck it is only mine for 2-3 years so why should I worry ... I will just get another car lease when this one is over. :helpless: