: EBC Red Stuff Brake Pad noise

Bryan2380
06-29-11, 11:22 PM
Hi Guys,
I am wondering if any of you are running EBC Red Stuff pads? I just replaced the stock pads on my wifes 2005 V with the Red Stuff front and rear. Bedded them in and all was fine. Now they have about 200 miles on them and they have started squeaking. The noise seems to be getting progressively louder. I am wondering if this noise will go away as the breakin coating wears off, or if it is here to stay. I've been searching for the answer all day and can't seem to come to a conclusion.

Thanks for the help.

cam3439
06-30-11, 04:23 AM
I'm pretty sure that this won't help much, but it's just an FYI. I ran the YellowStuff on my Tahoe, and they were quiet through the 35k that I had them on until it burned.

darkman
06-30-11, 07:59 AM
Hi Guys,
I am wondering if any of you are running EBC Red Stuff pads? I just replaced the stock pads on my wifes 2005 V with the Red Stuff front and rear. Bedded them in and all was fine. Now they have about 200 miles on them and they have started squeaking. The noise seems to be getting progressively louder. I am wondering if this noise will go away as the breakin coating wears off, or if it is here to stay. I've been searching for the answer all day and can't seem to come to a conclusion.

Thanks for the help.

If they were quiet once you should be able to make them quiet again with another, more agressive bedding-in process.

EdmundGTP
06-30-11, 01:20 PM
Did you install those dampening shim pads on the back of the pads?

Bryan2380
06-30-11, 05:53 PM
Dampening shims? There were metal shim bonded to the back of the pad. Is that what your referring to, or is there something else?

EdmundGTP
06-30-11, 06:41 PM
Last time I bought EBC red stuff pads, they came with adhesive rubberized dampening shims that you install on the backs of the pads to keep brake squeal and noise to a minimum.