: V-Series event at Monticello - 2 invite codes up for grabs

JDB
06-29-11, 07:32 PM
If anyone wants an invitation to the V-Series event at Monticello, I was given a couple codes that may or may not be still valid. I can't justify driving that far and getting a hotel to make it there by 7:30 AM, and I'm not available now anyway. But, if someone happens to be local... here you go...

I did it last year at Monty when I just happen to be in there area already. It's fun, just a tease of the V coupe on the track for 3 laps, and some time in the Sedan around cones, base CTS through some accident avoid thing.

If the code(s) is still available and you get to go... Enjoy!

Email that I was sent:

Thank you for your interest in the Cadillac V-Series Performance Lab at Monticello Motor Club. At this point, we only have 10 seats left during the Friday 7/8 7:30AM session. Below Iíve provided 2 Invitation Codes which will need to be used at www.cadillacvserieslab.com while registering for the event. When registering, please do not copy & paste the Invitation Code as it will need to be manually input w/in the website.

Invitation Codes Ė MMC

39XXXOVR003714

39XXXOVR003711

Please be advised that others will be receiving this email as well. Space is not guaranteed as itís based on first come, first serve registration.

We hope to see you at the track!

AAIIIC
06-29-11, 09:30 PM
Damn. I'd love to get to run Monticello, but getting up there next week is a no-go. :(

JDB
06-29-11, 11:12 PM
well, you only get to run the South course...if that makes you feel any better...which I did in the wet last year...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :) since they use the rest of the long straight for the cone slalom thing with the Sedan V to test Touring v Sport suspension settings, and then between T1 and T18 to do the accident avoid thing in the base CTS Coupe. couple basic classroom sessions. engineer thing with the tires, brakes... definitely worth it, if you're within a short driving distance or want to see what the new V is like beyond a simple test drive at your dealership. definitely white glove treatment while you're there by Caddy and Monty. and, you can't beat free. I got a nice V logo'd coffee mug thing that I use all the time. plus, the hawties they use for the PR... yummy...

I wish there were open lapping days at Monty. my Audi BMW Porsche buddies got to do one of the last ones open to the public.

Nutz
06-30-11, 08:16 AM
What's the date? Thanks

JDB
06-30-11, 01:52 PM
What's the date? Thanks

I posted it above... 7/8 at 7:30am. If I would've known earlier, I would've asked for an afternoon session. I don't think its worth spending the money for a hotel for this. Plus gas to/from, just a 1 day DE event fee away from a lot more track time.

Junior1
06-30-11, 05:32 PM
I'm in for Saturday's AM session, but my nephew had to go on the waiting list. Don't think there are any opening left...

repenttokyo
07-01-11, 01:33 PM
i've run the full course there, it's a lot of fun, nothing like having a ferrari blast by you at 150 mph on the rear straight.

Junior1
07-01-11, 10:16 PM
i've run the full course there, it's a lot of fun, nothing like having a ferrari blast by you at 150 mph on the rear straight.

my bad, that was me...:shhh:

repenttokyo
07-02-11, 04:41 PM
my bad, that was me...:shhh:

lol.

Ive's V
07-05-11, 12:47 AM
Is anyone else going up there, this Saturday Morning, July 9th? I'm scheduled for a 7:30 session and was wondering who else might be there.

Ivan

Junior1
07-05-11, 01:44 AM
I'll be there for the Saturday AM session...just look for the Mario Bros. helmet :)

BTW the guys from Cadillac told me Andy Pilgrim will be up there as well for the event...

Ive's V
07-05-11, 08:58 AM
That's what my email said. Kinda puts a little icing on the cake. I'm leaving my house around 5am.

Junior1
07-06-11, 12:40 PM
Unfortunately I had to move my session to the Friday AM session due to a funeral I must attend on Saturday. Caddy Events was very understanding and was able to accomodate me...