: Xm sattelite radio plays mono music

keproductions
06-28-11, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone.
This is an amazing site. This is also my first post so give me a little latitude. LOL
This may be a strange request to some, but other stereo enthusiasts may be able to help me. Please dont b offended.
Ok, I am a recording producer. I mix and master all kinds of music. I have been a cadillac owner for years!! However, I noticed in my 2007 Escalade I purchased two months ago, that my xm radio does not play the music in stereo.

My wife has xm in her car (pontiac g6) and her music sounds great.

In other words, when I listen to songs on the xm stations, I hear everything. However, I dont hear the bells on the left, and the whistles on the right. Everything is monophonic.

Now, if I turn on the FM Stereo, everything opens up!. You can hear the strings on the left, and the guitars on the right!

If I listen to a cd, everything sounds great. Hi toms on the left, low toms on the right.

But for some reason, I cant get stereo from my XM nav side.

I even tried this; purchased a Blue fusion box from Schoche ( I think that's how you spell it.)

I tied in my bluetooth phone. ALL THE MUSIC FROM MY PHONE SOUNDS MONOPHONIC.

Do you guys think there is something wrong with my xm unit? Should I buy a replacement from the dealer, OR, does EVERYBODY'S ESCALADE SOUND LIKE THIS?

It's like the mono/stereo button is pushed somewhere in the system. Any help would be appreciated.

Because of my musical work, THIS IS DRIVING ME NUTS! I'm even thinking of getting a different truck. I have to b able to listen to what I've mixed in my car in order to determine if it sounds good. Is there a secret code in the nav system I need to type; do I need to hold two buttons when i turn the radio on?
SOMEBODY HELP ME!!! PLEEEEASE!!! LOL

MrSplenda
06-29-11, 02:56 AM
What mode are you in? You have a choice between surround and two way I think... maybe switching to one of those will help. XM isn't always the best quality... a CD/DVD would be the best format. I don't know if this will help. Best of luck.

keproductions
06-29-11, 11:52 AM
What mode are you in? You have a choice between surround and two way I think... maybe switching to one of those will help. XM isn't always the best quality... a CD/DVD would be the best format. I don't know if this will help. Best of luck.

Thanks so much for the reply. I'm in standard mode. Not surround mode. Surround mode give you a different type of stereo effect in the car.
I need to hear the way it truly sounds; without any color.

If anybody has any other suggestions please feel free.
Thanks

keproductions
06-29-11, 05:23 PM
Are there any Cadillac technicians that can help?

Cadillac Cust Svc
06-30-11, 09:49 AM
keproductions,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue. Did you speak with XM to confirm if there was anything they could do about your issue?
Thank you

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service

keproductions
07-07-11, 03:29 AM
Thank you sooo much for responding Elizabeth. After much frustration, I decided to pull my Xm module out of the car, and test it. It worked fine. So I put it back in the car. I played around with the settings, and it seems like the DRIVER setting gives me closest to what I want.
Thank you so much for responding, Everyone!

Cadillac Cust Svc
07-08-11, 11:14 AM
keproductions,

You’re welcome. I am happy to help. If you have any other questions, feel free to let me know.

Thank you,

Elizabeth, Cadillac Customer Service