: Escalade engine vs. Hemi

Spittin Game
10-17-04, 02:08 AM
Ok, so my friend has a Dodge Ram 2500 Hemi, and we were riding in my lade last night, and he said punch it so he could see how it compared to his Hemi. He thought it might have more "oomph" than his Hemi does. I know they are the same horsepower (345), but what are the torque numbers on both?

And please dont turn this into a Ram vs. Escalade thread, like the 300 vs lade thread, b/c that would be completely stupid, and NOT what I meant for this thread to be. Just wondering how the Escalade engine stacks up with the Hemi, only b/c my friend has the Hemi. And no its not for bragging my shit is faster than yours. Cause I really dont care, I didn't buy it for speed. Just curious on this question.

:thumbsup:

OCESCALADE
10-17-04, 05:53 AM
about the same torque as well, caddy has 380 instead of 375. Depends on the gears out back and wieght of vehicles.

hcvone
10-18-04, 09:33 AM
As said both engines are very close in their hp and torque numbers.

MEJIA
10-19-04, 01:48 PM
Being the hemi a little bit smaller of an engine does it achieve its hp and torque numbers due to the fact of the hemisferical head design or due to something else like high compresion ratio?

Mejia

Outracin
10-20-04, 01:45 AM
Being the hemi a little bit smaller of an engine does it achieve its hp and torque numbers due to the fact of the hemisferical head design or due to something else like high compresion ratio?

Mejia

the compression ratio in a hemi is only 9.6:1 i only know because someone was looking to have me fabricate a turbo kit for it and i needed to know how much boost it could take. i think the hemi tq#'s are around 395ft/lbs in the trucks