: 2000 Deville Double DIN Install

386 DeVille
06-28-11, 01:52 AM
Can anybody who was done a double DIN install on a 2000+ Deville help me out? I have a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT I am trying to install but I have a big problem. There is absolutely NO clearance to install my RCA cables! Has anybody else overcome this obstacle? If so, how?

At the same time, where the hell do I put all these interfaces? I have the Pac OS2-GM32 (with chime module) and the SWI-X.

386 DeVille
07-08-11, 06:50 PM
Well, to answer part of my question: My resolution to the RCA cable dilemma was to use cables with a 90-degree bend on one end.

I'd really like some ideas about where to place these modules, though!

On another note, does anybody know if the center speaker in the dash require the door speakers to be hooked up in order to work?

386 DeVille
07-09-11, 11:07 AM
To answer one of my own questions again: No, the door speakers do not need to be hooked up for the dash speaker to work. My problem was that I didn't hook-up the blue/white (amp trigger) wire from the OS2-GM32 to the remote turn-on wire from my head unit, thus not turning on the factory amp.

I still need ideas where to put the OS2-GM32 module, chime module and SWI-PS module.

mabledeville
07-10-11, 04:06 PM
i removed the cover ("knee bolster") under the steering column and there was plenty of room to mount my bluetooth module, chime box module and some other odds and ends. you should have plenty of length as well as room to feed your wires up and into the radio cavity. I also trimmed the plastic behind the radio housing out so i could fit the unit without having the issues with rca's like you had.

386 DeVille
07-10-11, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the idea! However, I don't think there will be enough length from the OS2-GM32 to reach from there.

As far as the RCA issue: The Pioneer AVH-P3300BT has the RCAs on the same side as the dash retainer mounting screw. In fact, right on top of it. So trimming would not have been a option.

mabledeville
07-11-11, 08:25 AM
The harness will definately not be lnog enough to reach without extending it, i had to extend the wires to fit

SaltyDawg
08-23-11, 01:45 AM
Can anybody who was done a double DIN install on a 2000+ Deville help me out? I have a Pioneer AVH-P3300BT I am trying to install but I have a big problem. There is absolutely NO clearance to install my RCA cables! Has anybody else overcome this obstacle? If so, how?

At the same time, where the hell do I put all these interfaces? I have the Pac OS2-GM32 (with chime module) and the SWI-X.

Well, to answer part of my question: My resolution to the RCA cable dilemma was to use cables with a 90-degree bend on one end.

I'd really like some ideas about where to place these modules, though!

On another note, does anybody know if the center speaker in the dash require the door speakers to be hooked up in order to work?

Thanks for the idea! However, I don't think there will be enough length from the OS2-GM32 to reach from there.

As far as the RCA issue: The Pioneer AVH-P3300BT has the RCAs on the same side as the dash retainer mounting screw. In fact, right on top of it. So trimming would not have been a option.
I have the exact same issue. 2001 Deville DTS, Pioneer AVH-P3200BT head unit, Metra GMOS-06 chime module, and Metra ASWC steering wheel control module.

I'm assuming I can extend the wires and put the chime and steering wheel control modules under the driver's side knee bolster as mentioned in a previous post. I'll have to try that.

On the RCA cables, which ones did you get? I found some right angle RCA cables online, but they are only audio cables. I can't find the video input and output cables with a right angle. Did you just use audio cables for the video? If so, how does the display look? And if you actually found video cables with a right angle, can you give me a link to where I can get some?

Also, I'm assuming you left the center speaker in so you could use it for chimes and stuff. Do you know which wires on the Bose amp are the left front output wires? That is what you connected your center channel speaker to, correct? For that matter, do you know which wires are the center output wires coming off the Bose amp?

386 DeVille
08-23-11, 10:23 AM
Unfortunately, I didn't utilize video cables, so I cannot help you there.

As for the center speaker, I currently have it hooked up to the factory amp for audio. Not sure how I like it though. But the chime module contains a small speaker that outputs the chime, so it will no longer come from your speakers.

This wiring diagram should help you out:

SaltyDawg
08-23-11, 03:19 PM

As for the center speaker, I currently have it hooked up to the factory amp for audio. Not sure how I like it though. But the chime module contains a small speaker that outputs the chime, so it will no longer come from your speakers.

Perfect! Thank you for that diagram, I have been looking all over for that and couldn't find it anywhere.

On my module, it doesn't have a speaker. They said I have to leave the factory amp connected and the left front speaker will play the chimes. Just don't connect any audio to the input of the factory amp (via the module) and that speaker will only play the chimes. So I could hide it under the dash or something and wire it up to the amp's left front output. I figured I would just use the center dash speaker for this. And rather than run all new wires, cutting them at the amp and reconnecting the center speak to the left front output would be the best way to do it. I am putting in an aftermarket amp that I will connect the door speakers to, and another aftermarket amp for subs, so the factory amp will only have that center speaker connected to it (on the left front output).

Your diagram is very helpful, thanks again!

SaltyDawg
08-28-11, 09:10 PM

Would you mind telling me where you got that diagram? I am having some problems and need to go over it all. Whatever had that amp diagram is probably something I need to purchase.