: Double din with 19" wheels?

BigStrip
06-28-11, 01:19 AM
Hey guys, just bought a 06 cts-v and I love it. except the radio :( I've worked in the 12 volt industry for years but I've never put an aftermarket radio in a cts. Here's my plan: For now I'm going to use a harness and kit and slap my pioneer double din in the car, I miss my ipod controls and I miss streaming my directv through my iphone through my slingbox onto my screen. I'm eventually going to buy a stock cts radio and cut it to retain the DIC. I've got some questions if anyone can help (I've search the forums for hours but can't find a specific answer.
1. I bought a GM 99-2006 kit and an axxess GMOS-10 harness for the temp install. Has anyone used this harness? Will it work with the bose?

2. I know about the competitive driving mode and other DIC info but not having the DIC for now won't effect any senors or anything as far as everyday driving is considered?

3 Any other tips on the radio? (am I wasting my time? should I just go ahead and do the DIC and bypass the bose?)

4. This has nothing to do with the radio but my stock wheels have some spots where the finish is coming off, I would like to replace my wheels with the newer 19" cts-v wheels, will they fit the first gen like mine? If so, will the TPS work on those with my car?

Thanks guys, glad to be part of the crew!

boosted353
06-28-11, 02:53 AM
4. This has nothing to do with the radio but my stock wheels have some spots where the finish is coming off, I would like to replace my wheels with the newer 19" cts-v wheels, will they fit the first gen like mine? If so, will the TPS work on those with my car?

V1 wheels are 6 lug, V2s are 5. Getting the stock wheels refinished shouldn't be too terribly expensive though, you might consider looking into that. Welcome to the club! Good luck getting the aftermarket radio sorted out. As soon as there is a way to upgrade the radio, retain the DIC/Comp mode, and have it look like it was put there from the factory I will be all over it.

Skidmarcx
06-28-11, 09:32 AM
Welcome! Wish I could help you with the radio, but I'm still a V1 noob

DrSzabo
06-28-11, 06:21 PM
check out this guys post about his radio install: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-2004-2010/1436943-completely-new-stereo-no-issues-whats-big-deal.html