: Chrome panel dents...(Is this the right thread?)

SupaFly
06-27-11, 09:46 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot for this question, but my husband dented a chrome panel 3 times and it's making me sick to my stomach right now. Two small dents and one that is faint but visible to me. I was just admiring how nice and smooth the panels were earlier. Is there any way to smooth them out?

jayoldschool
06-28-11, 12:34 AM
You need to figure out if it is chrome or polished stainless. If stainless, the dents can be tapped/sanded out, then repolished. If chrome, it needs to be stripped, straightened, and re-chromed.

thefleetwoodguy
06-28-11, 01:03 AM
or just replace them
I have any you might need
www.thefleetwoodguy.com

MoistCabbage
06-28-11, 01:28 AM
:yeah:

99% of the time, it is cheaper to replace trim, than repair it.

SupaFly
06-28-11, 02:32 PM
It's on the panel/rocker on the door of a 95 Fleetwood. Is this polished stainless or chrome? The panels are around $150 or more and I don't see it costing that much to get them out.

SupaFly
06-28-11, 02:38 PM
It's on the panel/rocker on the door of a 95 Fleetwood. Is this polished stainless or chrome? The panels are around $150 or more and I don't see it costing that much to get them out.

PRdeVille
06-28-11, 03:37 PM
Got pictures?

outsider
06-28-11, 05:12 PM
I think those side panels are polished stainless and not real chrome but some of the real experts might correct me as usual ;)

durrk johnson
06-29-11, 12:57 AM
They are chrome, and it will cost about the same to fix them, just buy new ones on ebay or talk to jimbo, (the fleetwood guy) and maybe he could give you a decent price miss.

jayoldschool
06-29-11, 04:06 PM
If thefleetwood guy doesn't have the part, I do.

SupaFly
06-29-11, 05:55 PM
It has gold package though so Fleetwood is painted in different color.

MoistCabbage
06-29-11, 06:13 PM
I'm not 100% certain about Fleetwoods, but on most cars, the gold package is an after market option. (in other words, it may have left the showroom that way, but GM didn't produce the gold plated emblems, the dealer had someone cone in to do it, or sent it out to have it done) Unless you can find one that also has the gold Fleetwood script, you'd have to have the new one plated. Or, maybe the script is removable, then you could just swap it onto the replacement trim panel.

thefleetwoodguy
06-29-11, 06:54 PM
It has gold package though so Fleetwood is painted in different color.
you just need to swap the rub strip over
i have the part but if you want jayoldschool may have a better price ..

SupaFly
06-29-11, 10:58 PM
You know what I need also....

Two gold small emblems and two gold crests for the sides near back windows.
A padded rear vanity cover in black.

SupaFly
06-29-11, 10:59 PM
You know what I need also....

Two gold small emblems and two gold crests for the sides near back windows.
A padded rear vanity cover in black.