Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1965 deville exhaust manifold who knows the truth??

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  CADforce69 
#1 ·
OK I HAVE A REAL BAD CRACK ON MY EXHAUST MANIFOLD ON THE PASSANGER SIDE, CAR RUNS LIKE POOP. LOUD AND STUDDERS, SO I CALL A PARTS PLACE THEY SAY THE ONLY YEARS THAT WORK IS 1965-67. THEN I CALL ANOTHER USED PARTS PLACE THEY SAY IT HAS TO BE THAT YEAR, THEN I CALL ANOTHER THEY SAY 64 65 66 ARE SAME. SO WHO KNOWS? I TRIED TO LOOK FOR A PART NUMBER ON IT AND DONT SEE ONE . WILL DRIVING IT TO TO LONG LIKE THIS MESS UP THE MOTOR? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING? here is a pic of the crack i used exhaust cylicone just to get home but it endued up burning off after a week

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
To be precise, the 429 engine equipped 64-67 cadillacs :), but I ignore if some modification was introduced in the exhaust manifold through these years. I think all should be interchangeable. BTW, cast iron welding is the last resort, as it requires a very refined technique. In most cases, the manifold ends up cracking again.

#3 ·
Can't tell you anything about year / fit but if it's possible stop driving the car till you fix it.

Cracked or loose exhaust manifold can lead to burnt exhaust valve which will be a much more serious problem.

It IS possible to get cast iron welded but I reckon that it would be a last resort.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.