Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Oh Crap (Leakage)

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  GritMaster 
#1 ·
Just found out 4 days ago that my Coolant resevoir was empty. So I filled it up and turned the engine on. Checked for leaks (like I always do) and sure enough I had one, and it wasn't small.
I've been working on the heater trying to get it to work recently before winter sets in and it hasn't been doing much, so after getting my blower to finally work (Yay! too bad it stopped again :p) I went through my service manual to see if I could find out why no heat was coming through. that's why I ended up checking the coolant (I hadn't been too religious about it =/).
So after not finding the source of leakage that night I tryed again in the morning. To my distress i found a hole about the size of a penny in the back of the hose coming from the heater water valve to the engine. and after removing the hose i found the bottom of the valve was corroded and broken off blocking the hose.
Do you think that is what caused the tube to burst? or do you think it had burst a long time ago. I hope the engine is alright, because I doubt it's been getting much cooling, do you think this might be a problem? and is there anything I should check on the engine to see if it's alright?

Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.