: What's your opinion?

RBraczyk
10-16-04, 11:31 PM
I plan to turn my truck into a more driver friendly vehicle than an off roader. 17 inch Z71 tahoe rims and more roadlike tires. New shocks. Wood steering wheel. , etc. Now when it comes to the seats, its not very comfortable. I saw a 93 blazer on ebay with leather seats. How much would it cost to have the seats converted over to leather. Any idea is appreciated. :)

majax
10-16-04, 11:58 PM
You could just trade it in for one thats already more touring friendly.

RBraczyk
10-17-04, 12:05 AM
But I dont' want to turn in it. I like it for its rarity, and I know everything thats been done to it. I dont' trust used cars.

Ralph
10-17-04, 12:05 AM
I don't think I would bother putting in leather unless your springs were sunk and sagging, etc. You could just look for seats at a wrecking yard? (leather?) Personally, I like firm, hard seats and leather are good for support it seems.

majax
10-17-04, 05:03 AM
Yeah then get some seats from a Junkyard or Ebay. Wood steering wheel you say?

bbozsik
10-17-04, 12:10 PM
RB, try http://www.car-parts.com. You should be able to find some trucks with leather... it will be much much cheaper to do that than to get those seats stripped and "reskinned" with leather. Think how much a leather coat costs brand new...

However, I did read somewhere that there are companies that sell prefab leather covers for car seats that you just slide over your old seats, but I don't know any names...

Elvis
10-17-04, 01:24 PM
There is likely a junkard within an hour of your house that will have some relatively new leather seats that will fit without much work. That truck is virtually universal.

RBraczyk
10-17-04, 02:49 PM
THats the best thing about it. Just the drivers powerseat is going to be the problem. I think I need to find 95 seats for compatability. YEa, someone posted a place to get wood steering wheels. I know it won't match the dash, but It will at least look and feel better.