: D3 issues, please contact

BigJoeD
06-24-11, 04:45 PM
I'm REALLY frustrated with D3 right now. I ordered the spoiler over a month and it still hasn't shipped. 5 times now I've called those guys and I get the same excuses, either "oh yeah its being shipped this week" or "we'll move you to the top of the shipment queue" or "we are really backlogged" and the last two excuses are "we are getting some in the Friday to be shipped out".

To me this is TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. When I ordered the thing, I specifically asked them if they had any in stock and I was told yes. Hey D3 honesty to your customers should be your #1 priority, instead of having me call you every damn week. Instead of giving me the run around, just tell the damn truth. If it doesnt show this wek I'll be cancelling my order.

I hate putting you guys on blast like this, but this madness needs to stop.

I love your springs btw and I had no problems with that order or customer service, so I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt by waiting and waiting.

Fireverm
06-24-11, 04:59 PM
I'm REALLY frustrated with D3 right now. I ordered the spoiler over a month and it still hasn't shipped. 5 times now I've called those guys and I get the same excuses, either "oh yeah its being shipped this week" or "we'll move you to the top of the shipment queue" or "we are really backlogged" and the last two excuses are "we are getting some in the Friday to be shipped out".

To me this is TOTALLY UNPROFESSIONAL. When I ordered the thing, I specifically asked them if they had any in stock and I was told yes. Hey D3 honesty to your customers should be your #1 priority, instead of having me call you every damn week. Instead of giving me the run around, just tell the damn truth. If it doesnt show this wek I'll be cancelling my order.

I love your springs btw and I had no problems with that order or customer service, so I figured I'd give them the benefit of the doubt by waiting and waiting.

I'm in the exact same boat. I called and ordered the day it was announced (5 weeks today) and am still hearing the same non-sense. I told them if it doesn't ship today I am cancelling this order (although I'm waiting 4 weeks now for a refund on a previous order).

BigJoeD
06-25-11, 12:07 AM
It's hard to comprehend how companies like that are still in business!!

zirotti
06-25-11, 02:03 AM
Have they charged your guys CC before they even have the item to ship?

Titaniumseeker
06-25-11, 02:17 AM
Well I hate to be on this band wagon but I am also. Waited well over a month after being told it was in stock ready to ship the next day. After many excuses and false promises it finally ships and arrives Wednesday. However, the product arrives damaged because it was not properly protected. :mad: Really? A thin piece of bubble wrap at the top and another at the bottom with no protection like news paper or bubble wrap wrapped around the product itself? :rant2: C'mon now! Even if the UPS box is marked fragile, shipping 101 dictates that you protect the product being shipped. I anticipated displaying this wing at tomorrows GM Nationals but this will not happen now as they do not have anymore in stock.:confused: Thank God the black chrome emblems arrived today. I've only been waiting on these for over two months. :tisk: Oh wait, there is a problem with the V emblem in that the Black chrome appears to be lighter than all the other pieces. :mad: Ugh D3!

It's time to start rating these vendors on their performance, customer service, quality of product, etcetera. Only when their bottom line is affected will change take place.

550HP STSV
06-25-11, 09:45 AM
D3 strikes again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ANOTHER UNSATISFIED CUSTOMER(S)!!

jamesdean65
06-25-11, 09:56 AM
Well I hate to be on this band wagon but I am also. Waited well over a month after being told it was in stock ready to ship the next day. After many excuses and false promises it finally ships and arrives Wednesday. However, the product arrives damaged because it was not properly protected. :mad: Really? A thin piece of bubble wrap at the top and another at the bottom with no protection like news paper or bubble wrap wrapped around the product itself? :rant2: C'mon now! Even if the UPS box is marked fragile, shipping 101 dictates that you protect the product being shipped. I anticipated displaying this wing at tomorrows GM Nationals but this will not happen now as they do not have anymore in stock.:confused: Thank God the black chrome emblems arrived today. I've only been waiting on these for over two months. :tisk: Oh wait, there is a problem with the V emblem in that the Black chrome appears to be lighter than all the other pieces. :mad: Ugh D3!
It's time to start rating these vendors on their performance, customer service, quality of product, etcetera. Only when their bottom line is affected will change take place.

sounds exactly like what happened to me too.:bonkers:

Fireverm
06-25-11, 12:50 PM

Of course we were charged immediately after we ordered.

cad08stsv
06-25-11, 01:13 PM
I think you guy's covered the topic nicely. I won't bore you with what happened to me but........................
I will say I will nwver do business with them again. I am still discovering hidden issues, they never told me about.
Call your credit card company and dispute the charge before the time runs out.
Stay Safe
Russell

Prof
06-25-11, 01:23 PM
Just a generic question...I see multiple complaints about responsiveness of a few vendors on this site, but I do not know if site management feels that they have any responsibility to their membership or do they only accept the vendor fees? Not my place to say which is right or wrong, and maybe there is behind the scenes activity...but several vendors have been raked over the coals about being responsive to customers...and I don't see any change in conduct by those vendors.

Several other vehicle sites to which I subscribe seem to be more pro-active in this arena, or at least more successfully pro-active. I have seen several vendors suspended and a couple sent packing for recurring complaints from multiple members.

TheG
06-25-11, 02:25 PM
Been hanging out at D3 for the last week while my car is getting their BOD kit. One thing I can tell you is that they are great guys and go out of their way to do what ever it takes to get work done. They are being swamped with both parts orders and in house installs, and are having problems with third party manufactures getting them the parts on time(have seen and heard a few choice words about delays). I know this isn't an excuse for delays but their business is growing faster than they can expand, and are trying to keep up. UPS is there non stop either picking up or dropping off something. I will write a complete review and post pics when I get home and get settled. Probably won't be till next weekend.

BigJoeD
06-25-11, 04:14 PM

Of course they did!!!

cad08stsv
06-25-11, 11:21 PM
I think because you are on the spot daily, they have no choice in the matter. I shipped my car to them from NJ and they......... If I were there during the
build I am sure I would have been treated quit differently. Good luck with you build.

To answer Prof's question, No there is no oversite on these vendors. They do as they please.
Please have a great day
Stay safe
Russell

Titaniumseeker
06-26-11, 01:34 AM
Been hanging out at D3 for the last week while my car is getting their BOD kit. One thing I can tell you is that they are great guys and go out of their way to do what ever it takes to get work done. They are being swamped with both parts orders and in house installs, and are having problems with third party manufactures getting them the parts on time(have seen and heard a few choice words about delays). I know this isn't an excuse for delays but their business is growing faster than they can expand, and are trying to keep up. UPS is there non stop either picking up or dropping off something. I will write a complete review and post pics when I get home and get settled. Probably won't be till next weekend.

Good luck with your build. I have always felt that D3 was more responsive to customers within their own backyard. Well the great guys at D3 who are swamped with parts orders, in-house installs and issues with third-party sources are often not offering their mailorder custormers with a realistic view of their order and delivery expectations. This is one of the reasons that contribute to the frustrations of customers with dealing with this vendor.

dvandentop
06-26-11, 01:57 AM
post like some of these are why i havent ordered the stainless brake lines from them, dont like to give business to places who treat customers like that

Prof
06-26-11, 03:26 AM
To answer Prof's question, No there is no oversite on these vendors. They do as they please.
Please have a great day
Stay safe
Russell

If that is the case, it is disappointing. But the owner has the right to do as they please or not do in this case.

Wannago
06-26-11, 09:14 PM

Sounds like they've figured out a solution to being "swamped" and "their business is growing"...just keep ignoring / mistreating their customers and they won't have to worry about these issues for long.

Lots of alternatives out there...

haterinc
06-26-11, 09:25 PM
I had ordered as well and they took my cc# but just put on a list. When I saw it wasn't a full trunk width wing, I changed my order to the comp springs and ss lines and got them both within a few days. Consequently i ordered a wing from SW and they had to make it too which they told me upfront and it should ship this week and thats cool w me. Sorry to hear these havemt panned out because they price was great.

The Tony Show
06-27-11, 09:58 AM
Just a generic question...I see multiple complaints about responsiveness of a few vendors on this site, but I do not know if site management feels that they have any responsibility to their membership or do they only accept the vendor fees? Not my place to say which is right or wrong, and maybe there is behind the scenes activity...but several vendors have been raked over the coals about being responsive to customers...and I don't see any change in conduct by those vendors.

Several other vehicle sites to which I subscribe seem to be more pro-active in this arena, or at least more successfully pro-active. I have seen several vendors suspended and a couple sent packing for recurring complaints from multiple members.

Unfortunately the site owner has no control over the timeliness in which vendors reply to customers. It's up to customers to share their experiences here on the forum so other members can make up their own minds, and also to research a particular vendor to see how other members feel about them.

There IS certain behavior that is absolutely not tolerated, such as outright failure to deliver product on a repeated basis, fraud, or disreputable business tactics such as lies or contacting other vendors' customers to poach them. In that case, the site owner will have no qualms about removing a vendor from our community, no matter how good their product is.

We do watch what goes on here, but can't make judgments about product or delivery delays. Every business hits snags sometimes, especially when working on limited production cars like the CTS-V. If you never get your product or a refund however, that's a different story that we'd be very interested in hearing.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

Prof
06-27-11, 10:04 AM
Clear message. And to be sure, the owners of the site have the right to set their own standards.

I presume then, that adverse comments about the history of service performance by vendors is encouraged so that individuals can make informed decisions about which vendors to use.

I do appreciate the time you took to explain the philosophy...that says a great deal, thanks.

The Tony Show
06-27-11, 10:43 AM
As long as the comments are factual and made by people who have actually dealt with a vendor then yes- we absolutely encourage that.

Obviously the best course of action is to try and handle disputes directly with the vendor before blasting them on the forums (the old "catch more flies with honey than vinegar" adage), but member feedback from customers is crucial to helping vendors improve their service and also helps others here decide who they should or shouldn't expect delays or issues from.

dqw1
06-27-11, 11:03 AM
I ordered black chrome wheels a little over a month ago from D3 and finally got them last week after a short delay. They were actually delivered just about when promised. They look good and I'm satisfied with what I ordered and received. Sorry to hear some of you are having an issue with D3.

kirbyCTSV
06-27-11, 11:21 AM
Of course they did!!! I would think they shouldn't be charging CC until the item has shipped...at least that is how must companies work. Seems questionable to me.

JimmyH
06-27-11, 01:38 PM
Since D3's spoiler thread was not the appropriate place to be airing dissatisfaction, I moved all the posts regarding this into this new thread.

Dr. Design
06-27-11, 02:50 PM
Hello,
We are sorry your order has taken longer than anticipated to deliver. I can assure you we are doing our best to get all back orders filled expediently. Unfortunately it is hit or miss when we release a new product. In this case the demand was much higher than originally anticipated and production couldn't keep up. Also the release on the forums were about 1-2 weeks after this same item was released to our dealer network. We have been trying to fill back orders in the order they were received. I know that the OP order was filled on Friday and he should have had a tracking number emailed.

Our customers are the #1 priority. It is not just for the customers that are here, but the same holds true for customers around the world. As mentioned before, if you have an issue with shipping or having your order filled, please contact us directly and speak to a rep.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

BigJoeD
06-27-11, 05:43 PM
Dr Design I'd be more understanding about things if one I wasn't lied to on multiple occasions an two I wasn't charged well in a month in advance and I still have received the product yet. I've also brought this up with D3 sales reps. I would have given you a chance to respond first but when I tried to send you a PM your inbox was full. As I said before I didn't want to put your company on blast but the lies are just extremely frustrating. I wouldn't have minded being told that it might take 3 weeks to get it but being told it's going to ship on Friday the last five times I've called is not IMHO how you run a business.

Dr. Design
06-27-11, 06:00 PM
Well understood. I certainly don't think our intent was to lie to you about what was happening. However the situation obviously changed regarding your order. If that is being interpreted as lies, then we are certainly sorry it came across this way. As mentioned before your order has been filled and you should have a tracking number by now. If not please contact or email info@d3rd.com for a tracking number. If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact us directly so we can address this matter in further detail if you wish.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Dr Design I'd be more understanding about things if one I wasn't lied to on multiple occasions an two I wasn't charged well in a month in advance and I still have received the product yet. I've also brought this up with D3 sales reps. I would have given you a chance to respond first but when I tried to send you a PM your inbox was full. As I said before I didn't want to put your company on blast but the lies are just extremely frustrating. I wouldn't have minded being told that it might take 3 weeks to get it but being told it's going to ship on Friday the last five times I've called is not IMHO how you run a business.

baabootoo
06-28-11, 12:25 AM
I thought that we couldn't cry about a life decision on this board any more????????

BigJoeD
06-29-11, 12:59 AM
It's not crying! It's sharing with other members the issues that people have had with vendors since there is no vendor rating system.

JimmyH
06-29-11, 01:57 AM
Common guys.

Junkie414
06-29-11, 04:39 AM
Well I'm considering ordering the black upper/lower grills from D3. Good/Bad idea? Yes I know I can have mine painted but if they have them in stock and ready to go this seems like a better alternative.

wcryan
06-29-11, 06:08 AM
too bad everyone wasnt ordering their intakes from them instead. When I went there they had like 40 : X

BigJoeD
07-25-11, 07:09 PM
After repeated attempts to get the spoiler, I have officially thrown in the towel on the spoiler and on D3.

cbloveday
07-25-11, 07:14 PM
So your 1st post was 6/24 and you had order a month ago. Are you telling me it has been 2 months and when you called they siad it was in stock?

If so, good for you in canceling the order. I hope you get your funds back quickly.

BigJoeD
07-25-11, 07:23 PM
So your 1st post was 6/24 and you had order a month ago. Are you telling me it has been 2 months and when you called they siad it was in stock?

If so, good for you in canceling the order. I hope you get your funds back quickly.

Yes, its been that long. I'll be calling them back tomorrow to confirm with accounting that my refund is being processed.

Domsz06
07-25-11, 07:57 PM
hope you get your money back with out that big of an issue.

Titaniumseeker
07-25-11, 08:02 PM
I had them cancel the CC payment last week because I have been waiting for a period that I considered to be much too long. While I do understand production and supplier issues that come up; I sometimes question the business practices of D3. Too many customers complain about issues with this company that are all similar in nature. Either a product is in stock ready to ship or not. It is just that simple. Do not take the order if you have production issues and not communicate that fact to your customers. If I ran my business like they do I would loose my contracts in a hot second. I have not confirmed that the refund has been credited to my account and by that I mean the entire refund to include the shipping charges. My previous experiences with D3 have proven that they are a little shady on refunding all of your money back for damaged, or incomplete orders. I am just giving a caveat to all buyers that you should be aware of issues dealing with the mailorder side of this company. I do believe that their local customers receive preferential treatment and do not suffer the same fate as the mailorder side.

Dr. Design
07-25-11, 09:40 PM
Hello,
We apologize things did not work out better for the spoiler. Unfortunately we have have had a couple of small glitches in manufacturing this part that put us way behind. Your refund has been credited back to your account. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

After repeated attempts to get the spoiler, I have officially thrown in the towel on the spoiler and on D3.

Rabbitctsv
07-25-11, 09:41 PM
well i might have a write up as well. i will give them another chance to make my order right. I have called 4 times today and they keep telling me that they are going to check on something and call me back, well i ordered something that i needed, I received and it was not like they told me it would be, it was by far way off from it. I will call tomorrow and see what they do, I will return the 4 items i got if they don't make this right,

Dr. Design
07-25-11, 09:47 PM
Admittedly we are understaffed for the volume we have to deal with. Obviously that is not a valid excuse for not getting back to you in a timely manner. If you wouldn't mind, please PM, email, or call so we can get to the bottom of this. We are still at the office if you want to call now. 562-595-8518.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

well i might have a write up as well. i will give them another chance to make my order right. I have called 4 times today and they keep telling me that they are going to check on something and call me back, well i ordered something that i needed, I received and it was not like they told me it would be, it was by far way off from it. I will call tomorrow and see what they do, I will return the 4 items i got if they don't make this right,

cbloveday
07-25-11, 10:29 PM
Well one thing is certain, If you want to be a vendor on the cadillac forums, you better be on your game all the time.

The members are very discerning and do not tolerate less than 100% service and quality.

I hope all ends well for all parties.

haterinc
07-26-11, 12:03 AM
From what I've seen the performance parts have more inhouse r&d and control but the aesthetic body parts are farmed out where D3 is out of it's core element. I can say that their comp springs are satisfactory so far which is leading me to look at their sway bars. Ordered and delivered in same week. Teasers create interest but orders prior to on-hand product based upon TBD stock leads to problems. I've been there... promises roll downhill too

blkCTSv
07-26-11, 01:57 PM
I can tell you all one thing, the team at D3 work their a$$e$ off and definitely pay close attention to the quality of their products. If there is a "glitch" in the product, James won't let it out until he feels satisfied with the quality. I appreciate that effort, even if it means some delays, rather then throwing me a bunch of crap and flawed product that I would be more pissed off about.

BigJoeD
07-26-11, 03:30 PM
I can tell you all one thing, the team at D3 work their a$$e$ off and definitely pay close attention to the quality of their products. If there is a "glitch" in the product, James won't let it out until he feels satisfied with the quality. I appreciate that effort, even if it means some delays, rather then throwing me a bunch of crap and flawed product that I would be more pissed off about.

I definately agree, but HONESTY is the key. I must admit if I was only ever dealing with Ro, I'd still wait for it. He's a very cool dude and seemed honest.

Rabbitctsv
07-26-11, 04:23 PM

Well I did get ahold of James at D3 , We talked it out and it seems that there was a misunderstanding. D3 is going to get a call tag sent out for the wrong part and they are going to ship out the right thing first thing in the morning. Im am very pleased on how James made things right. I went in a little mad and hung up the phone and im very happy, cant wait to get everything put on. this was my only problem and I don't see any reason why i should have any more. Thanks D3 for the help, Hope everyone has the same out come.

Titaniumseeker
07-26-11, 10:38 PM
I definately agree, but HONESTY is the key. I must admit if I was only ever dealing with Ro, I'd still wait for it. He's a very cool dude and seemed honest.

+1..