: 2013 Cadillac Lineup at a Glance

Lord Cadillac
06-27-11, 11:17 AM
Cadillac ATS: The first alpha platform General Motors vehicle will debute in 2012 as a 2013 model. The name is not quite set in stone as of yet - but we're expecting ATS. We'll most likely see a four cylinder as the standard engine with a turbo as an option. Production is currently planned to begin in July of 2012.

Cadillac CTS: The CTS was originally slated for a minor refreshing for the 2013 model. However, 2012 saw a minor update so this may have been cancelled.

Cadillac Escalade: No major changes are planned at this point in time as a completely new model will be launching in late 2013 as a 2014 model.

Cadillac SRX: Amongst other minor tweaks, expect to see an all new interior including General Motor's new capacitive touch center stack.

Cadillac XTS: The XTS may be seen as early as Spring of 2012 as a 2013 model. The 3.6 liter DI V6 will power the car until the following year when the twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 is launched. The XTS will be using the new capacitive touch center stack along with several new technologies including an all new infotainment system/interface and an all LCD gauge cluster such as that found in the Chevrolet Volt.

Jesda
06-27-11, 01:31 PM
Ugh. Capacative touch. Reminds me of when car stereos in the 90s replaced the knob with buttons. People hated it and they went back to knobs.

Otherwise, it will be a nice boost for dealers.

Lord Cadillac
06-27-11, 02:27 PM
Tony won't be thrilled either. I guess we'll have to see how it goes.. I have a feeling it'll be a short-lived fad...

Ugh. Capacative touch. Reminds me of when car stereos in the 90s replaced the knob with buttons. People hated it and they went back to knobs.

Otherwise, it will be a nice boost for dealers.

brandondeleo
06-28-11, 03:49 AM
No behemoth Caddy. :crying: Cadillac gained notoriety in the world for being the biggest and the best. Now it is just mid-size and watered down...

gothicaleigh
06-28-11, 04:23 PM
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2052/4281/5129640002_large.jpg

:shifty

Lord Cadillac
06-29-11, 11:21 AM
Is there a larger version of that image?

DouglasJRizzo
06-29-11, 07:29 PM
I guess I "should" be excited, but frankly, it leaves me cold. Reminds me of the 80s when GM was busy building electro-winky dashes and other doo dads while the cars fell apart and got lighter (read flimsier) by the minute. There just doesn't seem to be much substance to these vehicles, and Escalades don't do it for me.

CIWS
06-29-11, 11:33 PM
Cadillac XTS: The XTS may be seen as early as Spring of 2012 as a 2013 model. The 3.6 liter DI V6 will power the car until the following year when the twin turbo 3.0 liter V6 is launched. The XTS will be using the new capacitive touch center stack along with several new technologies including an all new infotainment system/interface and an all LCD gauge cluster such as that found in the Chevrolet Volt.

This should put Cadillac right up there with the Hyundai Equus that also has an optional V8. Oh wait Cadillac won't even offer that anymore. In that case this should put Cadillac right up there with KIA.

CoupeDevilleRob
06-30-11, 01:53 AM
Am I reading this right? The top of the line Cadillac doesn't have a V8? Good god...

Lord Cadillac
06-30-11, 10:47 AM
This should put Cadillac right up there with the Hyundai Equus that also has an optional V8. Oh wait Cadillac won't even offer that anymore. In that case this should put Cadillac right up there with KIA.

I'm not your friend anymore and I'm banning you forever since you don't know that Kia is getting a full-size rear wheel drive luxury sedan with a V8.

Am I reading this right? The top of the line Cadillac doesn't have a V8? Good god...

The top of the line Cadillac is now a truck. It still has a V8.

The GOOD news is for the second year of the XTS, it'll have a very powerful twin turbo 3.0 liter V6. It may not sound like a V8 but it'll perform like one.

Rodya234
06-30-11, 01:19 PM
I'm not disappointed at all that the XTS won't have a V8. There's no need for another FWD V8 car, they've been building those since 1985. And even with AWD the platform would probably be too front heavy with a V8.

That being said, if and when this RWD "Omega" platform car ever comes to fruition, it should have an eight.

gothicaleigh
06-30-11, 02:26 PM
Is there a larger version of that image?

I don't think so. It just seemed to be the best representation of the old Riviera/Reatta touchscreen console that I could Google.

That said, I don't really mind there not being a V8 as long as the power is there and many of these new V6s are more than capable of matching previous gen V8s in output; the new CTS produces 318hp/275tq naturally aspirated while the northstar in the current DTS produces only 292hp/288tq (and that's the Platinum edition, lesser DTSs make do with 275hp). What really bothers me is it being FWD.

Amphibian
06-30-11, 10:55 PM
The SRX and ATS are worth being excited for!

Harry_Wild
07-17-11, 12:31 AM
The touch screen is the same as those of the smartphones and those of the national networks use for illustrations. If you every use an iphone; you will like the capacitive screen - that is if it has an up to date CPU in it and no bugs in the software. If it is slow and non responsive; then I am with you on back to the knobs and pushbuttons.

brothleutner
07-17-11, 02:00 AM
metal knobs ftw..... unless we get an android car, then I'll take a touch stack.