: anyone know where i can get good deal on forged internals for the v?

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:00 PM
Im pushing the limitations of my bottom end. Im about 615 RWHP with stock heads and SC. I have sent my top end off for porting, Im thinking ill gain a little HP after new tune and more boost so im a little worried about the bottom end. I have the car down to just the block so why not just rebuild while im here. I have been looking online for a kit or anything, but im coming up with nothing, has anyone ever looked into this? I see a 9 sec v on youtube, i know he has to have a built bottom end, Any help will be great. thanks

PhxTriode
06-26-11, 11:22 PM
KDinnovations.com

Our prices are listed for complete shortblocks. Or are you just looking to do your own? Do you have a machine shop to work with you?

9's is a great goal :-)

wait4me
06-26-11, 11:30 PM
we can get you any parts for our cost if you would like if you want to do the build yourself.. I can even build you any type of shortblock you would like for cheaper than anywhere else. I can do a stock displacement forged setup with all the goodies like 1500hp ibeam rods, dragon slayer crank, Je or weisco pistons, ect for under 5k. That is for all high end parts, i can do lower end parts and make the build even cheaper, but i dont like using the hbeam rods, and normal cranks. Usually though it is better to do our $6500 dollar lsx 427 or 434 swap deal. We do all the work, everything, including donate a crap load of extras all for only 6500. Including all labor and dyno tuning to install it. Part cost alone on them is over 12k for the whole engine we normally put in them. We are almost to the 100 engine swap mark. Then price will probably have to go up shortly after that..

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:31 PM
yes i have a great guy Erik at HKE Racing engines, he built my 1000+ hp 408 stroker for my old vette. I want to get everything and bring it to him all at one time. So im looking for forged internals , stock or stroker.

DrumStix
06-26-11, 11:32 PM
Call me again tomorrow if you can Rabbit. I'll hook you up with all of the internals for a build as mentioned for our short blocks on our site if you want to do the work yourself.
Also, the heads we discussed are now in the pipeline and I will give you a timeline depending on casting if you give me a ring.

GM-4-LIFE
06-26-11, 11:33 PM
we can get you any parts for our cost if you would like if you want to do the build yourself.. I can even build you any type of shortblock you would like for cheaper than anywhere else. I can do a stock displacement forged setup with all the goodies like 1500hp ibeam rods, dragon slayer crank, Je or weisco pistons, ect for under 5k. That is for all high end parts, i can do lower end parts and make the build even cheaper, but i dont like using the hbeam rods, and normal cranks. Usually though it is better to do our $6500 dollar lsx 427 or 434 swap deal. We do all the work, everything, including donate a crap load of extras all for only 6500. Including all labor and dyno tuning to install it. Part cost alone on them is over 12k for the whole engine we normally put in them. We are almost to the 100 engine swap mark. Then price will probably have to go up shortly after that..

Jesse,

I just sent you an email. Get back to me when you can!

Thanks!

DrumStix
06-26-11, 11:34 PM
yes i have a great guy Erik at HKE Racing engines, he built my 1000+ hp 408 stroker for my old vette. I want to get everything and bring it to him all at one time. So im looking for forged internals , stock or stroker.

We have stock CI and also like the 416 stroker. Price diff is a couple hundred. Also, if you want 1000 HP hang on once you get the low end built. We'll have Whipples this summer.

Drum

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:34 PM

how much for the internals to do it my self? i would like to keep my block.

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:37 PM
We have stock CI and also like the 416 stroker. Price diff is a couple hundred. Also, if you want 1000 HP hang on once you get the low end built. We'll have Whipples this summer.

Drum

im not looking for 1000 hp, just a built bottom end to go with everything else. im looking for 9's lol or low 10's

wait4me
06-26-11, 11:40 PM
If you get me an exact part list / part numbers, i can get you everything at cost. Our parts we use are a lot higher end, so they look like they cost more. But if you have a part list, ill just order what is on your list for you.

DrumStix
06-26-11, 11:41 PM
or low 9's, lol. Cool, so now we know what your goal is. Give me a ring and we'll talk cam and heads combo and decide on cubes. I'll PM you my mobile # so I know you have it.

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:47 PM
If you get me an exact part list / part numbers, i can get you everything at cost. Our parts we use are a lot higher end, so they look like they cost more. But if you have a part list, ill just order what is on your list for you.

thats the problem, i cant find anyone selling LSA forged internals.

DrumStix
06-26-11, 11:49 PM
We can get anything out there and will recommend the correct price/performance balance of components. We are not limited in any form or fashion and do what the build requires.

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:50 PM
i have headers, exhaust, cam, ported heads, ported snout, 102mm throttle body, pulleys, tune, 102mm cai, built trans, just a little worried that the bottom end is at its max, i rather do it now than do it when i blow it up and bust up my good parts,

Rabbitctsv
06-26-11, 11:51 PM
We can get anything out there and will recommend the correct price/performance balance of components.

thanks will call you and get something together.

DrumStix
06-26-11, 11:53 PM
thanks will call you and get something together.

Sounds good.

Mike TexaSS
06-27-11, 12:04 AM
Josh just go with hke best lsx builder around. Your 920 rwhp c6 is still alive and loving the boost. We are lucky to be in Houston. W4m uses lme in Houston. You live in Houston do the math. Paying a lil more for a motor built properly is worth every penny.

Junkie414
06-27-11, 12:05 AM
What are all these big motor builds doing about the transmission? I mean if a tune is all I need to make the trans live thats amazing but thats really hard to believe

PhxTriode
06-27-11, 12:14 AM
What are all these big motor builds doing about the transmission? I mean if a tune is all I need to make the trans live thats amazing but thats really hard to believe

Post #16 he said he had a built trans.

Mike TexaSS
06-27-11, 12:14 AM
What I'm saying is let Eric spec and get the parts. It makes it a lot easier for him. Also speeds up your build. I've been dealing with him for 8 years trust me.

Rabbitctsv
06-27-11, 09:21 AM

Circle D http://www.circledtrans.com/ they rebuilt mine to hold the HP, they are the pioneers in the new 6 speed auto. They stand 100% behind the work they do and the best thing is that if you ever have a problem or a question you can call and talk to them at any time ( during working hours )). great guys

Rabbitctsv
06-27-11, 09:23 AM
What I'm saying is let Eric spec and get the parts. It makes it a lot easier for him. Also speeds up your build. I've been dealing with him for 8 years trust me.

Im going to give Eric a call or email today. he did a wonderful job on my vette, 100% happy with his work.

wait4me
06-27-11, 09:50 AM

We build and upgrade our own transmissions here in house. It is a 4 hour process usually. Pricing is anywhere from 1000 to 3000 depending on what components you want to make better. Full out top of the line all internal clutches with shaft and basket upgrades are around 3k installed. If you dont want the hard parts and just want to upgrade the clutches, it is around 2000 including installation.