: OEM Shock Sensor vs. Inclination Sensor

mattys_ext
06-26-11, 01:07 PM
So I had some accessories installed on my alarm a few days ago and since I'm an OEM type of guy I stuck with the factory alarm. GM makes a few accessories to try and enhance the capabilities of their basic alarm system. First was the Shock sensor, self explanatory, and second is the Inclination sensor, used to detect changes in angles (such as when they jack the car to steal the tires).

I thought what the hell I'll do both because I know if I don't later on I will and it'll only cost more money to reprogram again. So I had them installed and upon reading the instructions I realized that the shock sensor is basically doing the same job characteristics as the inclination sensor. So in retrospect I could have easily done without the latter.

To conclude my little spiel, just get the shock sensor. Works well, OEM product, and it is adjustable for 'your pleasure'.

Oh and I also had the OEM mud guards installed. Molded.

MrHolland
06-26-11, 02:43 PM
I totally agree. A simple work around thieves use against the inclination sensor is to place blocks under the car and deflate the tires. They're able to pull the tires off without ever using a jack. Shock sensor is the way to go.

evois
06-27-11, 11:24 AM
I have the shock sensor and unless there is some disturbance to cause it to alarm, it is not very sensitive. better yet if I can retrofit a perimeter sensor from DEI.

mattys_ext
06-27-11, 06:19 PM
did you try adjusting the Shock sensor? Mine isn't sensitive either but I haven't played around with it yet.

evois
06-28-11, 02:49 AM
I have adjusted it already for very sensitive. they can take all 4 wheels without sounding off the alarm which a perimeter sensor takes care of.