: Guys , I need help adding mods .

skoobz
06-26-11, 02:28 AM
Ok guys , its that way , use your imagination and help me : D !

Summer time so , 113 F over here around Dubai , still not stopping me from having fun :rolleyes: .

Got corsa already , Airaid , and a tune , but not really satisfied with the tune , but anyway its better than nothing , and if someone can help me with that it will be REALLY appreciated .

I've been thinking of heat issues , before i go any further , Engine Temp is Stable , and transmission is around 188-203 , Should I be worried , looking that the differential cooler whine is already there every now and then :hmm:

What should be next ? I purchased almost everything online , and it costs around $20 per 1 KG to ship anything form the US , if there is a decent dealer that can provide me with what I really need with a quick response , it would be GREAT !!

Q8 6.2
06-26-11, 06:56 AM
Best cheapest shipping option is open shop n ship account they will give you US adress and when you order just use that adress and they will forward to you.. http://www.aramex.com/shoppingServices/default.aspx

DrumStix
06-26-11, 07:18 AM
What setting does he have the fans coming on in your tune? They need to be a lot sooner than stock, maybe 185 to 192 degrees for a 50% setting depending on the limitations of your tuners software.

Change to a 160 thermostat. Also, a heat exchanger and pump would be your next best available options to get the heat down so you can start making more power. We offer a great solution. Heat Exchanger (http://kdinnovations.com/images/Products/HE/054.JPG)

Our heat exchanger gets things out of the way from the front of your stock radiator and transmission cooler by placing the supercharger heat exchanger in the opening in the lower facia. Also, having the fans come on earlier will draw more air across all coolers and lower temperatures.

Your transmission temperatures are in a safe range but adding a larger unit in the future will also help stabilize things.

Drum

skoobz
06-26-11, 08:01 AM
Q8 6.2

Am currently using that , BUT , sometimes you pay more money shipping the item , than the amount you paid for the item it self !

KD Innovations (DrumStix)

Yeah , I was REALLY thinking about that heat exchanger !!

I might as well check with my tuner , but he's busy most of the time , and its really hard to get hold of a REALLY reputable tuner that would be dedicated to his customers . I was thinking of getting a handheld and let someone have a look at stuffs , but , I've got no idea where to start from : ) .

Am sorry , its not me asking for more power , its the car that keeps asking for more and more :D !

skoobz
06-26-11, 08:09 AM
sorry for the double post <_< ...

DrumStix
06-26-11, 08:37 AM
Q8 6.2

Am currently using that , BUT , sometimes you pay more money shipping the item , than the amount you paid for the item it self !

KD Innovations (DrumStix)

Yeah , I was REALLY thinking about that heat exchanger !!

I might as well check with my tuner , but he's busy most of the time , and its really hard to get hold of a REALLY reputable tuner that would be dedicated to his customers . I was thinking of getting a handheld and let someone have a look at stuffs , but , I've got no idea where to start from : ) .

Am sorry , its not me asking for more power , its the car that keeps asking for more and more :D !

They all ask for more.

Bear with your local tuner. You will get far more out of your setup having it done locally on a dyno rather than a mail order tune.

I will PM you the details about our Heat Exchanger and maybe we'll make your car a lot cooler in the desert!

Drum

Prof
06-26-11, 08:41 AM
Seems that your environment would spark thoughts of water/meth in addition to the heat exchanger.

Beyond that I would be hesitant to suggest any modifications to the air induction system due to the dust conditions. Certainly you should go to some kind of ridged intake tube to avoid restriction due to additional boost should you move to a smaller sc pulley. I have no idea what the regulations are...but you might be a great candidate for full cat delete, and a full three inch exhaust system with headers. I have to think that long tube headers and an unrestricted three inch exhaust system might provide some great hp increases for the investment. If it is difficult legally to go to an open exhaust system, I might opt for electric cut outs.

You should have (if you don't already) an SCT tuner with several tunes available designed for whatever your final modifications are. I have five different tunes for my Viper engine...and can change on the fly, via a VEC III reader in the dash...it uses program cards and only requires insertion of the program card desired and can be changed in 10 seconds while the engine is running.

NOS is another option in high heat conditions...but I will leave that option to those who know something about it...I'm not into chemical solutions.

mannyz
06-26-11, 08:58 AM
I can try help out any forum member on the eastern hemisphere who needs cheaper shipping. My idea may or may not work. Just PM me.

Razorecko
06-26-11, 09:20 AM
You guys have a real tough car environment thats for sure. High heat and massive sand debris, yikes

skoobz
06-27-11, 12:53 AM
They all ask for more.

Bear with your local tuner. You will get far more out of your setup having it done locally on a dyno rather than a mail order tune.

I will PM you the details about our Heat Exchanger and maybe we'll make your car a lot cooler in the desert!

EDIT : Couldn't PM you , sent an email to support@KDInnovations.com

Drum

well , $850 for the tune is not cheap : ) , especially if you're not fully happy with it .

replying to your pm now ,

Seems that your environment would spark thoughts of water/meth in addition to the heat exchanger.

Beyond that I would be hesitant to suggest any modifications to the air induction system due to the dust conditions. Certainly you should go to some kind of ridged intake tube to avoid restriction due to additional boost should you move to a smaller sc pulley. I have no idea what the regulations are...but you might be a great candidate for full cat delete, and a full three inch exhaust system with headers. I have to think that long tube headers and an unrestricted three inch exhaust system might provide some great hp increases for the investment. If it is difficult legally to go to an open exhaust system, I might opt for electric cut outs.

You should have (if you don't already) an SCT tuner with several tunes available designed for whatever your final modifications are. I have five different tunes for my Viper engine...and can change on the fly, via a VEC III reader in the dash...it uses program cards and only requires insertion of the program card desired and can be changed in 10 seconds while the engine is running.

NOS is another option in high heat conditions...but I will leave that option to those who know something about it...I'm not into chemical solutions.

You read what I have in my mind right now , the thing is , its OK , but it will simply be too much for a cadillac , 3 inch , cat delete , straight pipe , I think its too much , at least i know for sure i wont be able to cruise around with that setup , NOS , is not the best idea ever :P .

Prof
06-27-11, 07:40 AM

You read what I have in my mind right now , the thing is , its OK , but it will simply be too much for a cadillac , 3 inch , cat delete , straight pipe , I think its too much , at least i know for sure i wont be able to cruise around with that setup , NOS , is not the best idea ever :P .

On the exhaust system...think about electric cut-outs...that will give you an open exhaust when you want it, but a normal sound when the cutouts are closed. Don't rule out NOS...it is a massive cooling charge to the system and provides incredible power in short runs...it would be in concert with the idea that cooling is paramount and forced induction of a clean (non-dust laced) giggle juice. But someone with NOS experience needs to chime in here.

skoobz
06-27-11, 07:57 AM
On the exhaust system...think about electric cut-outs...that will give you an open exhaust when you want it, but a normal sound when the cutouts are closed. Don't rule out NOS...it is a massive cooling charge to the system and provides incredible power in short runs...it would be in concert with the idea that cooling is paramount and forced induction of a clean (non-dust laced) giggle juice. But someone with NOS experience needs to chime in here.

Yeah , but has anyone tried the e-cutout on the coupe yet , any issue being it a bit low ? where was it placed etc ? which one should i go with ?

About the NOS , Am more worried about the addiction part LOL !!

Prof
06-27-11, 08:18 AM
Sometimes when you are in different circumstances, you need to be the pioneer. Get that thing on a lift and look around...I bet a little creative thinking will create a solution...anything in front of the squash point under the drivers seat and a spot close to the same distance from the end of the header on the passenger side will be a good starting point. You could also order an after market exhaust system and add a special request that the cutouts be installed prior to delivery...

Its a little intimidating to be the prototype but it carries its rewards too!

Addiction is always a threat with any modification!!! Its great isn't it?!

Remember: "You never have enough horsepower."

Q8 6.2
06-28-11, 08:16 AM
You guys have a real tough car environment thats for sure. High heat and massive sand debris, yikes

It's not that bad the sandy dust season is only 2 months in a year then followed with few months of high heat then by November it gets beautiful

wait4me
06-28-11, 11:55 AM
Have you tried Talking to Nashad from Evotechnik over in Abu dahbi? They can get you anything you want for your V, and do installs ect.. I will be over there again in a month to do some transmission upgrades for some customers, and some blower portings. They Are really nice to work with and do very nice work..