: 3 Different Tires Help Me Pick 1

fmfa0801
06-25-11, 01:06 PM
07 Escalade ESV AWD 285/45/22. I live in rainy SWFL.
I am leaning more towards the Nitto NT420. I can get 4 for 748.00 shipped.
I have narrowed it down to 3 tires please tell me the pros and cons of each tire.

goodyear fortera http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Goodyear&tireModel=Fortera+SL+Edition&partnum=845HR2FORTSLXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Cadillac&autoYear=2007&autoModel=Escalade%20ESV%20AWD&autoModClar=

Yokohama PARADA Spec-X http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Yokohama&tireModel=Parada+Spec-X&partnum=845VR2PSXXL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Cadillac&autoYear=2007&autoModel=Escalade%20ESV%20AWD&autoModClar=

Nitto NT420 http://www.tirebuyer.com/tirebuyerwicket/home/tab/Buy%20Tires/subtab/Shop%20by%20Brands/brandsList_selectedItem/Nitto/selPanel/tireDetailPanel/brandStyleList_selectedItem/NT420S/kwcid/g_Nitto%20NT420S/sortChanged/false/tireSizeByBrandList_selectedItem/26962/page_0/2/zip/33905

Or the nitto terra grappler but more $$

fmfa0801
06-25-11, 01:11 PM
Right now I have the bridgestones and want something better

MrSplenda
06-25-11, 01:21 PM
I would probably go with the NITTOs, because they are not a directional tire. Having the freedom to rotate them will save you a ton of money in the long run if you do it right.

fmfa0801
06-25-11, 01:46 PM
How many miles are people getting out of the nittos?

the cadillac man
06-25-11, 02:19 PM
i have bridgestones and they are great in snow just kinda noisy on road but i need the snow and ice handling for winter here in tennessee due to hills and mountains plus i live on a backroad they haven't let me down they are Bridgestone dueler tires. i don't know where i will get some like them when it comes time for me to get new tires

blkEsc
06-25-11, 03:36 PM
Nitro Tera grapplers ride like a real truck. I have them on my navigate and there not what you want if ur looking for a better handling tire and better riding. I agree with the reg nittos if it's out of those 3.

blkEsc
06-25-11, 03:38 PM
i have bridgestones and they are great in snow just kinda noisy on road but i need the snow and ice handling for winter here in tennessee due to hills and mountains plus i live on a backroad they haven't let me down they are Bridgestone dueler tires. i don't know where i will get some like them when it comes time for me to get new tires
The bridgestones are excellent tires! I agree 100% with you and firestone has them in stock if you need to replace.

fmfa0801
06-25-11, 05:06 PM
Bridgestones i think r alot more $$$ and rather have a better tire frOm the reviews imread on them

pinky
06-25-11, 07:05 PM
I have been looking at tires as well and I found the nittos for 169.80 at onlinetires.com . I'm going to get discount tire to match the price.

darkknight1999
06-25-11, 08:24 PM
I've been using Bridgestones for more than 10 years and I have yet to have a bad set. When I bought my Land Rover it came with Goodyears... Within a week I took them off and gave them away... They sucked something awful. Nittos are ok but they wear fast... and they will more than likely wear faster on the AWD Escalades too.

Out of the 3 you listed, I would only consider the Yokohama's... Whichever tire you get make sure to get a 4-wheel alinement ;)

fmfa0801
06-25-11, 08:44 PM
pinky: why are going with discount tires?

Darkknight1999: Why do you say the nittos are going to wear faster? I think the Yokohama's have about the same tread wear rating.

pinky
06-26-11, 12:23 AM
I'm going to discount because they will match the internet price

Naf
06-27-11, 07:45 AM
I would only recommend two tires, the Hankook RH06 or the General tires....

I am currently runnin the Generals for the first time, and they stick pretty good. Price was rediculasly low, but i got a harder rubber compound...High speeds, fast corners, wet, dry, used them on a boat slipway, and even in the sand. I am very happy with my buy and where everyone starts to slip, i keep on grippin
The Hankooks RH06 are a step up. Better performance and quieter on the inside. Great grip and even in pouring rain they do not slip. Had a set on my 03 tahoe and i punishe that truck constantly. Lasted me 50,000kms

Get the Grapplers out of your mind, you are drivin an escalade, not a pickup truck...They HUM like crazy and slip on the road whe it rains...I hit a few ppl cause of that reason...

lousy_investor
06-27-11, 10:01 AM
I am surprised no one has recommended the PARADA yet. I had my sight set on them as my replacement when the time comes. Read lots of great reviews about them on various boards including this one. Looks like I need to do my research all over again! :)

darkknight1999
06-27-11, 08:35 PM
pinky: why are going with discount tires?

Darkknight1999: Why do you say the nittos are going to wear faster? I think the Yokohama's have about the same tread wear rating.

My brother used to buy Nittos, but he stopped buying them because they would wear out so fast. I've never owned a pair personally, but my brother and I drive the same. They always wore out fast.

fmfa0801
06-27-11, 10:17 PM
Any one else use the Nittos nt420?

cangolf
07-13-11, 08:04 AM
I have the Nitto's on my 07, ride is smoother and quieter than compared to the OEM, but have not had them on long enough to speak to wear. Seem to be quite good in wet as well although I tend not to push as hard in the rain. Good tire at are great price would be a good summary

fmfa0801
07-13-11, 11:59 AM
I found 4 nitto 420s 285/45/22 on ebay for $225 with only 3k miles on them. I have only driven on them for a day about 100 miles yesterday but they do seem louder than the OEM. I went out to the woods here in S. FL yesterday. They handled well off road even with all this rain on the buggy trails going threw the ponds and mashes The AWD works awesome. They sure do look good on the escalade