: What's going on with "Duckyy?'

orconn
06-24-11, 11:25 PM
What's going on with "Duckyy?" Haven't heard of any deveopments .... does he stay or go?

Jesda
06-24-11, 11:35 PM
Ian bought the Seville instead of the Saab. Thanks to Austin's low-cost mechanic in Georgia, the duck has ice cold AC now! The finicky top switch was fixed with a screwdriver and some fiddling, and thanks to Aron the frayed/damaged alternator cable has been replaced. This car has lucked out by being in good hands wherever it goes.

Its home now in St Louis and listed for sale; if I get around $3500 I'll let it go, but I'm happy to keep on ducking. :) Someone is coming to look at it tomorrow.

I'll be sniffing around for Miatas later this fall.

orconn
06-24-11, 11:39 PM
You know, Jesda, Brikenstocks won't fit in a Miata. I'd also rethink the Abba thing too. Aside from that i think the Miata is a great idea!

Stingroo
06-25-11, 08:02 AM
A Miata? Jesus - now we'll all be subjected to anime and other Japanese pop culture items...

Here's your first mod for your future Miata:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Hellokitty-Metal-3D-Car-Logo-Sticker-Badge-Emblem-3M-/230617062841?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35b1d91db9

I~LUV~Caddys8792
06-25-11, 08:10 AM
You might get some action if you took out a full page ad in Lavender magazine.

Oh, you could try and sell the car there too.

ThumperPup
06-25-11, 08:32 AM
your selling ducky i thought you loved that car well love can be sold with money i heard lol

Jesda
06-25-11, 11:09 AM
You might get some action if you took out a full page ad in Lavender magazine.

Oh, you could try and sell the car there too.

My best bet is to park it at a university in the teacher's lot with a for sale sign on it.

THE PROFESSORS WILL SWARM

http://www.classesandcareers.com/education/wp-content/uploads/college-professor.jpg

-----------------------------

http://jalopnik.com/5560710/

"The Ten Most Annoying Car Owners"

1.) Saab Owners

Suggested By: 900pilot

Typical Conversation: "It's got decades of rally experience in it, and a turbo. And you really just can't beat Swedish engineering. Sure, I've spent more than an afternoon underneath it, but I like to think of those times as investments. I'm investing in my unique lifestyle. You don't see that many Saabs out there, but when you do, you know what it is. And then you see it disappear down the road, fast."

stoveguyy
06-25-11, 12:17 PM
since the saab is on the side of the road broke down, i guess it will disappear fast as you drive away.

Aron9000
06-25-11, 03:05 PM
I spit my coke out when I read the thing about the Volkswagen owners:

2.) Volkswagen Owners

Suggested By: TrampaOnline

Typical Conversation: "Actually, Volkswagen fixed a lot of their reliability issues years ago. Yeah, it runs great! You really should go try one. And they're so fuel-efficient! Now that I've got that check engine light on the dash taken care of- oh, no. There wasn't actually anything wrong with the car, the mechanic said it just happens sometimes. But they really have gotten a lot better. I love my Volkswagen!"

drewsdeville
06-25-11, 03:11 PM
3.) Cadillac Owners

Suggested By: Drewsdeville

Typical Conversation: "Actually, Cadillac fixed a lot of their reliability issues years ago. Yeah, it runs great! You really should go try one. And they're so reliable and fast! Now that I've emptied my checking account getting my Northstar's numerous oil and coolant leaks taken care of as well as it's flat cams - oh, no. There wasn't actually anything wrong with the car, CF.com members said it just happens sometimes. But they really are no less reliable than any other car - all cars leak fluids regularly. I love my Northstar!"

Jesda
06-25-11, 03:37 PM
I spit my coke out when I read the thing about the Volkswagen owners:

2.) Volkswagen Owners

Suggested By: TrampaOnline

Typical Conversation: "Actually, Volkswagen fixed a lot of their reliability issues years ago. Yeah, it runs great! You really should go try one. And they're so fuel-efficient! Now that I've got that check engine light on the dash taken care of- oh, no. There wasn't actually anything wrong with the car, the mechanic said it just happens sometimes. But they really have gotten a lot better. I love my Volkswagen!"

'tis funny because its true. :D

[Put me down for a Golf GTI, gremlins and all...]

orconn
06-25-11, 04:18 PM
'tis funny because its true. :D

[Put me down for a Golf GTI, gremlins and all...]

Sometimes the irrational decision is the most fun. With cars that is almost a given!

ga_etc
06-26-11, 03:46 AM
Ian bought the Seville instead of the Saab. Thanks to Austin's low-cost mechanic in Georgia, the duck has ice cold AC now! The finicky top switch was fixed with a screwdriver and some fiddling, and thanks to Aron the frayed/damaged alternator cable has been replaced. This car has lucked out by being in good hands wherever it goes.

Its home now in St Louis and listed for sale; if I get around $3500 I'll let it go, but I'm happy to keep on ducking. :) Someone is coming to look at it tomorrow.

I'll be sniffing around for Miatas later this fall.

Glad the A/C is working well. I was kind of glad Ian made off with the car while I was at work, that way I didn't have to see it go. Ducky made quite the impression around here.

Stingroo
06-26-11, 08:16 AM
[school child voice]

Austin loves Duckyy, Austin loves Duckyy! ooooooooooooooooooooohhhh..

*squeal*

ga_etc
06-26-11, 08:28 PM
Everyone loves Ducky. And if you don't, there's something wrong with you.

Stingroo
06-26-11, 08:38 PM
I have never seen it. Jesda must bring it to Florida.

cadillac kevin
06-26-11, 09:16 PM
so I guess this will be jesda now. I'd much rather have him be a saab owner

Mazda Miata Owners

Suggested By: speednuts

Typical Conversation: "Girls' car?! Hell no! It's the modern reinterpretation of the classic open-top sports car. But with Japanese reliability. And it's rear wheel drive. And it's great on the Autocross course! I know, it's small, but once I get those stiffer springs on there, it'll handle even better. It just feels like an extension of my body, you know? And it's not a chick car. Don't ever say that again."

cadillac kevin
06-26-11, 09:19 PM
ray, are we having a traveling car show (jesda drives ducky around the US so everyone can drive him)? If so sign me up. I wanna drive the cool saab I've heard so much about with the backwards sideways upside down drivetrain.

Stingroo
06-26-11, 09:35 PM
Ducky can be the car version of that "Where's George Washington?" thing for dollar bills. :lol:

Sevillian273
06-26-11, 10:07 PM
3.) Cadillac Owners

Suggested By: Drewsdeville

Typical Conversation: "Actually, Cadillac fixed a lot of their reliability issues years ago. Yeah, it runs great! You really should go try one. And they're so reliable and fast! Now that I've emptied my checking account getting my Northstar's numerous oil and coolant leaks taken care of as well as it's flat cams - oh, no. There wasn't actually anything wrong with the car, CF.com members said it just happens sometimes. But they really are no less reliable than any other car - all cars leak fluids regularly. I love my Northstar!"

POTD. Well... yesterday.

93DevilleUSMC
06-27-11, 03:05 AM
A Miata? I told him to get an XLR. He'd have roadster driving dynamics, Cadillac visual appeal, and could still rock as much Abba as he likes!