: it's not that big

turbojimmy
06-24-11, 07:23 PM
I've always said the limo is only as big as a crew cab, full-sized, full-bed pickup. I said it with confidence but was never really sure. Well tonight after watching a woman try to park this F350 several times, I snuck up next to it and took pics.

Overall length of the Caddy is more by a few inches. Wheelbase is pretty much the same. Funny how it doesn't look so big in truck form, but in car form it looks really long.

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/caddy_ford-1.jpg

http://turbojimmy.4t.com/caddy_ford-2.jpg

PRdeVille
06-24-11, 07:34 PM
Wow... that's one nice looking limo!

Three doors on each side?!
Never had seen that!

Have interior pics?

And... do you drive it like... a daily driver?
LoL... that must be cool.
I wold rather drive a limo than a hearst.

turbojimmy
06-24-11, 07:48 PM

Never had seen that!

Have interior pics?

Thanks! I do drive it daily. I got it for fun, not for "professional" use. Interior pics are on this forum somewhere. I need to update my website with a limo page - just haven't had time.

It's a "24 hour" car. It has 6 doors and the middle seat faces forward for funeral use during the day. At night, the middle seat flips and faces toward the rear for a "real" limo feel. I added the dark tint and a flatscreen TV for more limo effect.

outsider
06-24-11, 07:58 PM
I love your limo. It's pretty funny to see that it's not much bigger than that truck...always thought they were much larger but maybe yours isn't a "super stretch" or whatever they call those really long ones.

sven914
06-24-11, 08:09 PM
That's one of the reasons I hate four door pickups. It would be one thing if they were primarily used for jobs where you need four people and a heavy load, but they're almost always driven by soccer moms who can't see over the steering wheel.

albymangled
06-24-11, 08:31 PM
"Funny how it doesn't look so big in truck form"

yeah, it does...it's just you guys are desensitized to the bloody things 'cos you see them all the time.

see one on the road here and besides the obvious "crikey, look at the size of that.."

first reaction is

"wouldn't like the fuel bill for that thing".....

csbuckn
06-24-11, 09:00 PM
I'm with Alby, I see one of those trucks and think "that thing is huge". I see one at work and think "how am I gonna get this on the lift?" Does the limo fit on most lifts?

YourMainParadox
06-24-11, 09:19 PM
There is no T in Hearse.

MoistCabbage
06-24-11, 09:38 PM
There is no T in Hearse

But there is a . at the end of a statement.

sven914
06-24-11, 09:43 PM
But there is a . at the end of a statement.

Sentences don't start with conjunctions and you should put quotation marks around hypothetical punctuation.

csbuckn
06-24-11, 10:00 PM
lets knot git in to n-e gramma ish-shoes. But I do like to start sentences with conjunctions.

PRdeVille
06-24-11, 10:01 PM
This place is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E_VeC1XAtY

I like the limo!
And drive a long bed Dodge Ram... love that truck too.
:)

YourMainParadox
06-24-11, 10:56 PM
"Hearst/hurst" just bugs me every time I hear or see it. I saw a quote on the side of a hearse that said "Hearse not Hurst."

cadillac kevin
06-25-11, 12:53 AM
"Hearst/hurst" just bugs me every time I hear or see it. I saw a quote on the side of a hearse that said "Hearse not Hurst."
unless of course you get a hearse with the 1982/ 1983 H/O (hurst/ olds) 307.

The-Dullahan
06-25-11, 04:28 AM
There is no T in Hearse.

Thank God you corrected that one before me.

That's the total length of the Limo, Jimmy?

The-Dullahan
06-25-11, 04:30 AM
Ray came up with an idea to make a Lightning Rod Shifter Hearse called the Hearse-T (I changed the name to Hearst) and ran the idea by Matt before turning to me to inquire if anyone ever made an Oldsmobile Hearse, I then enlightened him greatly. Still waiting for word back from those two as our new project car.

Stingroo
06-25-11, 07:44 AM
It'd be a HEARST Olds.

Teehee. :D

DouglasJRizzo
06-25-11, 08:16 AM
Nice limousine. A Superior car, I see. One of my hearses is a Superior, the '75. I've always found it entertaining when someone makes a comment at the size of the hearse, but then gets into one of those "super trucks" . Yes the '75 and '76 Cadillac hearses are big, but so are those things.

When I take the hearses for service, the place I use has the ability to service large trucks, so they put it on one of those lifts.

turbojimmy
06-25-11, 08:58 AM
The limo is a 44-inch stretch. I don't remember what the stock length and wheelbase is, but add 44" to it.

So far, all the shops I've brought it to (3 in total) have been able to accommodate it.

I like the short stretch - its really easy to get around with it

Stingroo
06-25-11, 09:02 AM
Stock Fleetwood length is 225", so yours is 269".

Cadillacboy
06-25-11, 11:18 AM
I believe overall in regards to drive ability your limo should be easier to park than king sized pick up trucks

turbojimmy
06-25-11, 12:42 PM
Have interior pics?

I added random pics here: http://turbojimmy.4t.com/limopage.html

brougham
06-25-11, 04:47 PM
That's interesting the difference the bigger truck and fullsize bed makes. We had a crew cab F150 and the Brougham is longer. Fullsize trucks are easier to maneuver- the wheels are farther out and you are higher up and can see more.
6 door limos are the norm for funeral homes and for limos that taxi people around. They seem to be more common then normal ones.

Fleet
06-26-11, 07:52 PM

Never had seen that!

Have interior pics?

I agree. I do prefer the limos over the hearses. I like the comfort and roominess of the limo's rear compartment...http://i52.tinypic.com/2iawl8w.jpg

PRdeVille
06-27-11, 09:29 AM
Turbojimmy, thanks for the pics!

Fleet, that's a nice looking limo!
That's your '76?

I would not mind at all going out at night in that thing... fill it up with 12 girls... and arrive anywhere VIP.

Fleet
06-27-11, 04:48 PM
Turbojimmy, thanks for the pics!

Fleet, that's a nice looking limo!
That's your '76?

I would not mind at all going out at night in that thing... fill it up with 12 girls... and arrive anywhere VIP.
Yes, PRdeVille, it is my '76. The interior looks very inviting, doesn't it?

robb257731
06-28-11, 09:12 AM
A friend of mine in Alberta (redneck capital of Canada) has one of those gigantic pickup trucks...which I named 'The Compensator.'