: V day

EVIL_C5
06-24-11, 07:18 PM
Wow what a blast! I'm amazed at how these cars do the things they do. Thanks to Benny(vseries) for helping me bleed my boiled stock fluid. My w4m trans tune that I got updated worked great. No rev limiter at all today. If anyone has the link for the guys taking photos at the track, I would love to get it. I didn't get a card from him at lunch because my son was being a little terror and I had to wrangle him. Anyway, thanks to Luke and the Cadillac racing folks for putting this on.

ChicagoV
06-24-11, 07:40 PM
Oh yeah, if you are hitting the track replace stock brake fluid is a must. Learned the hard way. Motul it before you go. Might as well get the stainless steel lines too.

garfin
06-24-11, 10:47 PM
Wow what a blast! I'm amazed at how these cars do the things they do. Thanks to Benny(vseries) for helping me bleed my boiled stock fluid. My w4m trans tune that I got updated worked great. No rev limiter at all today. If anyone has the link for the guys taking photos at the track, I would love to get it. I didn't get a card from him at lunch because my son was being a little terror and I had to wrangle him. Anyway, thanks to Luke and the Cadillac racing folks for putting this on.

Sonds like you had a blast! Way t'go!
Just curious if the stock fluid you boiled was the original stuff that was put in at the factory, or did you bleed out the old fluid and replace it with new stock fluid before the event?

Best regards,

Elie

EVIL_C5
06-25-11, 08:06 AM
It was the factory stuff. My car only has about 9000 miles on it. I had planned to flush them but a friend ghat races said I wouldn't run it hard enough to boil it. Lol

rjoffe
06-25-11, 10:42 AM
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=8089530

EVIL_C5
06-25-11, 02:47 PM
http://www.photoreflect.com/store/thumbpage.aspx?e=8089530Awesome! Thanks!

Vcoupe11
06-25-11, 04:43 PM
rjoffe,
Thank you for the link. Great pictures. And a great time at the event:)

DrumStix
06-25-11, 06:20 PM
Wished I could have gone.

rjoffe
06-25-11, 08:22 PM
Race Day Photo has been at all the V-days as far as I remember, Luke may be able to clarify. He takes a ton of pictures. Always nice to see your car under g-forces.

thebigjimsho
06-25-11, 09:52 PM
I don't think he was there unless he ditched the big trailer. Always flush fluid if it hasn't been done before hitting the track. Nothing will get your attention quicker than ZERO pedal feel...

EVIL_C5
06-25-11, 09:55 PM
I don't think he was there unless he ditched the big trailer. Always flush fluid if it hasn't been done before hitting the track. Nothing will get your attention quicker than ZERO pedal feel...I know this now..... Glad I pitted when I did because the pedal was on the floor going into the paddock.

rjoffe
06-25-11, 10:54 PM
I don't think he was there unless he ditched the big trailer.

He has pictures up on his site..

rjoffe
06-25-11, 10:58 PM
Just read this on http://www.racedayphoto.com/about.html

"Changes for 2011
In the past we have offered High Quality Image at a very affordable price. But with higher fuel prices its getting much harder to keep the prices down. So to make sure you still get the best images at the best prices we changed the way we sell images. We will no longer have the trailer trackside. Pulling the trailer up and down the east coast cost us over $300 a weekend at last years prices. Vendors fees were almost that much. So to save over $500 a weekend we decided to try a Web only season.What does this mean to you? For starters it will let us shoot later in the day without the worry of losing track sales. It will free me up to experiment with new angles and ideas. And most importantly save you money. Web sales have always been better then trackside sales. So it seemed the natural evolution of our company to go all web sales. So we also changed the pricing and products available online. You can get prints of all sizes. Cups and shirts. You can even get Mouse pads now. We hope you like our changes. We hope you like the savings."

EricVonHa
06-25-11, 11:11 PM
It was a fantastic time for sure. It was good to meet most everyone and it was a safe event.

Talking tech with the GM guys was priceless. After riding in a V coupe on the track, it was apparent that the car's suspension was set up differently. The coupe is more nimble and "flat" than the sedan. I asked GM what was different. The answer? Most everything. The spring rates are different due to a slight difference in weight. And, another contributing factor is that the coupe has different rear axles. The track width of the coupe is 1" wider.

Was Luke there? Out of the 20+ people that I met; he and I never caught up thru the day if he was there.

thebigjimsho
06-25-11, 11:41 PM
Luke was there. I was talking with him for awhile...