: Wait 4 me can this be done?

Rabbitctsv
06-24-11, 05:56 PM
" wait 4 me" or anyone else can this be done?

I had a 2007 c6 with navigation. and bought the unlock kit for the radio. I had to disassemble the radio and add a few wires and after that i had ipod hook up, dvd input, and reverse camera. the reverse camera would come on with a flip of a switch any time i was driving to look at people behind me.

My question is how easy would it be to add something along the same line to the 2009+ ctsv? I know you have a unlock for the dvd player but how about a reverse camera? or tap into the dvd video feed to the screen and have a reverse camera override.

I know i could get a reverse mirror with a screen built into it for my reverse camera but I would think having it in the navigation screen like the escalades and tahoes would be a better. what do you think?

I will pay top $$$ and im sure most others would as well!! what do you think let me know, thanks

wait4me
06-24-11, 06:34 PM
I have had something in the works for a long time, then the supplier basically changed thier minds and TRIPPLED the build cost, so i gave up. The chips needed to convert from analog to digital are very expensive all of the sudden. Meaning 130+ for a chip. Just for 1 chip, and it needed 2, NOT counting what costs of the case, board, other internal components. So what started out as a 70 dollar box for everyone turned into a 600 dollar box. So it was dropped...

Rabbitctsv
06-24-11, 06:58 PM
to be honest i would pay $600 for this. the other option is to buy a rear view mirror with the screen in it and that alone with the on star is 1500+ so to have it in my navigation 600 is a better deal, it looks better in the navigation ,than a little screen in my rear view. sign me up when can i get one lol

wait4me
06-24-11, 07:14 PM
I think i will have 50 of something shortly that might work. Ill post on the forum when i get them in hand.

They will also unlock our dvd while driving.

LV_V
06-24-11, 08:42 PM
I think i will have 50 of something shortly that might work. Ill post on the forum when i get them in hand.

They will also unlock our dvd while driving.

I don't even have a V anymore (hopefully have a new one soon) and I want to buy you a beer for the work you do for the V community!

550HP STSV
06-24-11, 11:25 PM
Agreed. Jesse is our greatest asset here on the forums.

n0s4atu
06-25-11, 08:52 AM
Does the Lockpick by CoastalTech not do that for the CTSV? I have one in my Jeep and can activate the Backup Cam at any time.

Rabbitctsv
06-25-11, 09:26 AM
no they do not have anything that will work for the V. i called them and they said the only thing they have is the dvd and navigation un lock for 279.99.

they have no plans to add the reverse camera. they said it cant be done. I thought to my self, well i guess i need to contact wait 4 me!!

wait4me
06-25-11, 10:23 AM
The reason for it not being simple is, that the unit is DIGITAL video. which is crazy! Most older ones are analog so you can just tap into the screen. However, eventually i will figure out how to rewrite the section in the code that will allow the rear camera input to be turned on without the need of something sending Reverse stream on the can bus. Then we can all have rear camera for cheap.. But that is in the list of 100s of other to do lists....

Rabbitctsv
06-25-11, 11:47 AM
well let me know what i need to do, i will do some leg work for you if i need to. I think this will be the biggest improvement to the v as far as everyday usability , the v is not the easiest to see behind when your backing up, In my opinion its 100x better than the 2011 in the rear view camera. by far having it in the navi is better. now if i could figure out a way to have the cadillac emblem pop up to reveal the camera like the new VW …..