: Small issue and wondering what is the cause and solution:

Dale Pittman
06-24-11, 03:40 PM
On some occasions the center console does not power up when you first get in the car to start up and drive.This happens every so often and wondered what might be the root cause and how many others have experienced it. No power to radio, climate control, etc...entire center console is dead and happens at no clear frequency or under any repeatable conditions. I maybe seen it 4-5 times in 6 months.

It occurs on a new startup every time and just trying to restart does nothing to fix it. After it sits a number of hours it seems to just work perfectly.

Anyone else see this and what was cause and solution?

Thanks,

PhxTriode
06-24-11, 04:48 PM
I have had the Nav/radio do that but not climate control... I was to lazy to take it in and seemed to sort it self out.

Mystical_Ice
06-24-11, 06:17 PM
Yeah had the nav/radio do the same thing - it freezes on the 'cadillac' logo.

luv my V
06-24-11, 06:51 PM
Has happened to mine too although I think I still get radio sound but just no display on screen then corrects itself within less then a minute.

hulksdaddy
06-24-11, 08:28 PM
First thing I think of is loose connectors. Pop it up, make sure they're tight. Then, make sure no wires are pinched.

mpouls1
06-24-11, 08:39 PM
There are a couple of threads lurking around here regarding a TSB. I have this occasional problem. When it does happen, I shut the car off. Open the door and leave open for a sec or 2, shut door, restart. Will resolve problem in about 1-3 times.

Dale Pittman
06-25-11, 10:46 AM
Thanks fore the feedback. I think I will try the trick you listed: open door, wait few seconds, close door and see if it works.

JOEYCTS-V
07-01-11, 06:21 PM
When you lost power to the center console did your gauges have power? This happened to me this afternoon. While I was driving my Nav screen closed and all the warning lights popped up. After I restarted the car I had no power to the gauges for a minute or so. I turned off the car and unplugged the battery for a few minutes and it was fine. I think this may have something to do with that intermittent starting problem I had a few weeks ago. I couldn't find the TSB thread. Can anyone help me out with a link? Thanks.

JOEYCTS-V
07-01-11, 07:54 PM
While I was driving home this happened. Console dies and gauges.

mpouls1
07-02-11, 01:26 AM
This is the problems that myself and others were having that I was referencing to dale. Maybe help fwiw. I think you posted in this thread. Doesn't look like it would apply to your V you got an '11. That looks worse. :(

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/223021-radio-sound-no-more-wtf.html#post2507547

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-cts-v-series-forum-2009/223021-radio-sound-no-more-wtf-2.html#post2509363

Dale Pittman
07-04-11, 08:16 AM
Lots of great information...thanks to all for sharing.

BLEWBYUWIT6.2
07-05-11, 10:32 AM
mine is doing the same thing right now....took it to the dealer friday after work.....that fool wanted to sell me a battery....then he gives me the warranty report and the last 5times the previous owner took the car in was because of the radio....they just kept sending the radio back...but never fixed the problem...my 09 is no longer under bumper to bumper waranty