: Blown suspension ???

lilgCTS-V
06-24-11, 03:23 PM
lately on the highway my car feels somewhat unstable on the highway, if the road isnt perfectly flat the car will act weird and sway and the steering feels sloppy. Any thoughts? blown suspension ?

CadzillaTN
06-24-11, 08:08 PM
Blown suspension is a broad topic..

I think the cumulative sum of several parts' gradual wear and tear produces that 'loose' feeling. Tires, shocks, control arms, various bushings, bolt torque settings, springs, endlinks,yada yada...slowly fail..

Low tread/tramlining tires can be an issue, loose failed steering components, tie rod ends, swaybar bushing/loose bracket bolts. In extreme cases, wheel bearings..

What is your mileage? Mine was rock solid at 20k but at 65k it feels completely different. I've decided at this point the only route is systematically replacing the usual suspects until the car feels like it once did.

Assuming everything else is in order, tires and shocks cover 90% of the issues..

rand49er
06-24-11, 08:37 PM
My money's on tires. What're you runnin' and how's the tread?

lilgCTS-V
06-25-11, 01:13 AM
its an 06 with 48XXX, and my front tires still seem good tho, i have kdw2s

odla
06-25-11, 06:00 AM
how many miles on the kdw's?

rand49er
06-25-11, 11:30 AM
its an 06 with 48XXX, and my front tires still seem good tho, i have kdw2sWeren't those the ones that guys say get pretty nasty mid-way through their life?

Skidmarcx
06-25-11, 11:41 AM
yea tires would be a good place to start... a radial pull will cause these symptoms... I'd look closely at the wear pattern too... that can help you identify any worn suspension components

lilgCTS-V
06-25-11, 11:51 AM
ok thanks guys, cuz lately its been driving funky on the highway on certain roads

lilgCTS-V
06-25-11, 11:52 AM
Weren't those the ones that guys say get pretty nasty mid-way through their life?

they never gave me a problem till now i guess lmao o well