: Mods to get back to ZR1 power level

buddyg
06-24-11, 01:10 PM
I am guessing a pulley and a tune would get this motor back to where it should be. This is essentially just a detuned ZR1 motor right?

So what pulley and tune to get back the lost 80 hp?
Cost?

nynd
06-24-11, 01:14 PM
I think there is more to it that just that. You can get that HP but I think you need to watch the internal components as ZR1 uses forged and LSA doesn't, so you need to be aware of how much power your trying to push through... some are very intune with the subject and will chime in I'm sure.

kirbyCTSV
06-24-11, 01:26 PM
this article talks about the differences....really the LSA is more a SC base LS3 than a detuned ZR1 engine.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/detroit-2008-2009-lsa-6-2l-superchar/

M5eater
06-24-11, 04:24 PM
this article talks about the differences....really the LSA is more a SC base LS3 than a detuned ZR1 engine.

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/14/detroit-2008-2009-lsa-6-2l-superchar/

ditto.

to sum up though because I'm bored.

No titanium parts
no sodium filled valves
Cast manifolds
cast pistons instead of forged
No Dry Sump
single piece, but larger intercooler because of the increased space in the bay.

kirbyCTSV
06-24-11, 04:28 PM
ditto.

to sum up though because I'm bored.

No titanium parts
no sodium filled valves
Cast manifolds
cast pistons instead of forged
No Dry Sump
single piece, but larger intercooler because of the increased space in the bay.

why u go and do that?? make them read the article :)

baabootoo
06-25-11, 12:11 AM
Deedo here too.

Ross L
06-25-11, 12:36 AM
I read a interesting article( hot rod mag I believe)where a ls9 was converted back to a "wet sump" set up on the dyno and * gained* hp over the dry sump. Im sure someone can google it if they wanted to read it. Oh, the Lsa also has forged powdered metal rods and a forged crank ;)

GMX322V S/C
06-25-11, 02:03 AM
Apparently it saps some power to run the scavenging pump. I believe the main reason for running a dry sump is to ensure adequate oil pressure under the high-G conditions a ZR1 or racing car can generate. The engine can also sit lower in the chassis (don't know if the ZR1 takes advantage of this).

M5eater
06-25-11, 09:49 AM
I read a interesting article( hot rod mag I believe)where a ls9 was converted back to a "wet sump" set up on the dyno and * gained* hp over the dry sump. Im sure someone can google it if they wanted to read it. Oh, the Lsa also has forged powdered metal rods and a forged crank ;)

all dry sump systems work like this though, the advantage is 0 oil starvation which is more important than the small Horsepower hit when you're pulling 1+g's honestly.