: Best Alternator upgrade?

joshuap
10-16-04, 05:26 PM
I was wondering if anyone can tell me of a good place to pick up a higher output alternator for my 2004 EXT. I am looking to do an audio install and would like a little more juice. I know some companies redo the existing alternator for more power, and that seems to be what is offered on ebay; however, they don't seem to be putting out that much juice, or atleast, not worth the price. Any comments/input? Thanks

99escalademan
10-16-04, 05:56 PM
I think you should just skip the alternator. You can get a audio capacitator if it is seeking juice, or you could also add a second battery. just my 2 cents.

joshuap
10-17-04, 10:14 AM
I have been in car audio long enough to know that those two options aren't good. If you use a capacitor, as soon as it depletes, it wants to charge itself, so if it is a long bass note, you will end up with the same problem, if nto worse, later because the capacitor is robbing power. Batteries on the other hand don't put out enough juice fast enough, and more batteries are truly only for playing your system with the vehicle off.

joshuap
10-18-04, 12:44 PM
No one else? Anyone knwo the avalanche forum web address cause I am sure someone there will know...they seem to be mroe up on thsi type of stuff...

hcvone
10-18-04, 01:50 PM
Try http://www.gm-trucks.com/home/ I sure someone there will know

joshuap
10-18-04, 02:46 PM
Thanks bro

Mrrairai
10-18-04, 04:15 PM
Email this guy named Dominic Iraggi. He's well know. His email is Dominic@tds.net or it might be Dominick@tds.net I got a 260 A HO Alt off of him. He's really good. To add to what the other guy was saying about adding a 2nd batt. If you add a 2nd batt without a HO alt then you'll be putting more strain on the stock alt. Give Dom a holla and he'll hook you up.