: Option to edit the title to your own threads

ThumperPup
06-23-11, 08:22 PM
not sure if this has been brought up yet i know a Mod in the section is able to edit a Threads Title

but
how about the option for the one who started a thread to be able to Edit there Threads Tittle

JimmyH
06-23-11, 10:23 PM
to what end? I don't think members have that ability.

ThumperPup
06-23-11, 11:16 PM
THey don;t have the Ability i think that Members should have the Ability to Edit the Thread title if they have a typo in it
if its there own thread they started

Submariner409
06-23-11, 11:36 PM
Basically, if you can't take the time to type the King's English correctly OR if you have problems communicating your information request, hindsight is a poor CYA. To that end, we could then change thread titles ad nauseam and keep everyone guessing. We put our ideas in print: If they make one look like a fool, then so be it. Leave thread titles cast in stone..........except for poor taste or foul language.

ThumperPup
06-24-11, 12:14 AM
I think in this section of the forums they should remove the word Suggestions from it since
every time someone suggests something everyone under the sun comes in and throws that idea right out the door
this is going to be the end of this thread for me because
i know in about 15 minutes a Mod will probably Veto it and lock it LMAO

Stingroo
06-24-11, 09:53 AM
I actually agree with this... sometimes threads take entirely different turns, and often get overlooked because of their titles.

A prime example in the RWD forum - a member started a thread asking which color to redo their car's vinyl top in "White, or blue?". The thread then turned into his project update thread. Rather than start an entirely new thread and repost all the info there thus far, it would be much simpler to just change it to "1969 Fleetwood Brougham Project Thread!" or something to that effect.

All of this "OMG ONCE U PUT TEH WORDZ DEY BE IN STONEZ 4EVARZ!!@#!$!" bullshit is just that. Bullshit. It's the Internet. Who takes it that seriously?

That's my two cents.

drewsdeville
06-25-11, 04:18 PM
I remember changing my own thread title after a spelling mistake that I didn't notice until it was posted ...quite a while back. Is this a functionality that was removed recently?

JimmyH
06-25-11, 06:22 PM
The old software had individual post titles. I believe the title of the first post coincided with the threa title bak then.